Dad Died

tabatha
tabatha Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Just wanted to share the fact that my dad died last tuesday of lung cancer. he was dignosed last october. then he had a small tumour (less than 3cm) on his left lung and a small one on his spine and skull. it was a very agressive cancer. the type he had was called adenocarcinoma, non small cell. he was only 53. he had chemo and radiation treatment. nothing worked. he had a very peaceful death at home with the family and didnt know what was happening. that i believe is thanks to padre pio who my father had great devotion to. i feel like someone has taken a bit chunk of my heart from me. my dad was a soldier in the army here in ireland so he had a state funeral. it was so fantastic that my dad would have been so proud. so many people have come up to me since and said that about the funeral. its not everyday that you can tell someone that a funeral was fantastic. my dad was the best, most kind and caring man you could ever meet and that reflected in the funeral. i am so proud that he was my dad and i had him in my life. i am writing this to ask people to pray for my dad and that he will have eternal peace. thanks for listenting.

Comments

• Galli
    Galli Member Posts: 2
    Hi Tabatha,
    So sorry to hear of your dad's untimely passing. Prayers are on their way for your dad and for you during this difficult time. My roots go way back to Ireland - you never know, we may be distant relatives.

Do take care of yourself.
    Janet
  • tabatha
    tabatha Member Posts: 8
    thanks janet.....hope everything is ok with you.
  • makotarski
    makotarski Member Posts: 3
    My prayers are with you. I am 50 and was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 years ago. Mine was squamous cell. It was in the right upper lobe but they had to remove the upper and middle lobe (about 1/2 of my right lung). I did not need chemo or radiation - very fortunate. My father was in the military and had a military funeral here in the U.S. I know what you mean about fantastic funerals! Take care of yourself. You will miss your father and want to talk with him at times, but remember, we will all be together one day and you can talk to him all you want then!
    makotarski
  • michaelcie
    michaelcie Member Posts: 133
    So sorry Tabatha, I am mike, also have small cell lung cancer, but very fortunate to be in remission three years. I will include you, Father and your family in my prayers and would like to extend my condolences to all of you. May God Bless You All and give you all peace in your hearts. Mike
  • 2by2by2
    2by2by2 Member Posts: 6
    Dear Tabitha,
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I just lost my mother-in-law last week, March 3rd, to non-small cell lung cancer Stage IV. I truly, truly feel your pain and my heart goes out to you and your family. I can completely relate to how a funeral could be so uplifting. My mother-in-law was cremated and we had a memorial service for her this past Saturday. It was absolutely beautiful...a moving testament to the wonderful life she lived and the legacy of strength and good humor she left us. Please know that me and my family wish you the best and so hope that you can find peace. Learning how to live without our loved ones will probably be life's greatest challenge, but just rest easier knowing that you are in my thoughts.
    With sincere sympathy and much peace, Dionne
  • akrn
    akrn Member Posts: 7
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I can also relate to this. My father passed away on october 7, 2004, he had lung cancer as well, he was diagnosed in may and lasted 4months, it was also in his brain. He died peacefully, with his family by his side. I am grateful that he did not suffer a long time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, ask your father to help you to cope with the pain that lies ahead that is what has helped me. Rememeber all the good times and smile that is what I am sure he would want. My father had a military funeral as well so it is not weird to say that a funeral is good and he would have smiled, it is the truth. best of luck to you in the future, may your heart see the future and find its way to smile again, do it for your father.
    akrn