Beautiful Song-A must read

grandma047
grandma047 Member Posts: 381
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
As most of you know when I had my surgery in May and had such a rough time, my daughter kept you all updated. She didn't just do that, she would come to the hospital and because I was afraid to go to sleep at night, she would talk about all the things we were going to do when I got home. She also stayed almost every night until I went to sleep. This song talks about daughters and anyone who has a daughter can probably relate. My daughter bought me the CD for Valentines Day. It also has a couple of really nice love songs on it too. It's by Martina McBride and called "In my daughters eyes"

In my daughter's eyes
I am a hero
I am strong and wise
And I know no fear.
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes.

In my daughter's eyes
Everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light
And the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strenth when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes.

When she wrapped her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hanging on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
In my daughter's eyes.

In my daughter's eyes
I can see the future
A relection of who I am
and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family(mine has already done this)
When I'm goneI hope you'll see
How happy she made me
I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes.

Now, I'm crying. I do everytime I listen to it. It speaks of how special my daughter is to me and how much fun we still have. I'm sending this to her too, to let her know how much I love and appreciate everything she has done for me. Hope you all can relate too.
Love ya, Judy

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Judy -

What a great post. You and your daughter obviously share a very special bond. It's heartwarming to see that.

You guys take care and thanks for sharing your story - it's a great story.

- SpongeBob
  • bsrules
    bsrules Member Posts: 296
    Judy,

Hello!!! What a beautiful read!!!!! I can only imagin how much greater it is put to music!!!! I always told you what a GREAT family you have and to let them in and help you!!!! Your daughter is a very special person after all she came from you!!!! I know only to well how much you cherish them!!!!

Love and prayers to everyone!!!!!

Sue
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Hi Judy,

First, I would like to say I'm glad you never left this message board. Through the good times & bad times were all one family Judy and that's a bond that will never change ... Remember blood is thicker then water.
    Second, I also love that song In My Daughters Eyes by Martina Mcbride. It's a great song for any mother& daughter, it truly is.
    You take good care of yourself & Danny and stay in touch.

Have A Wonderful Day !

With Love,
    Lisa
  • mlls59
    mlls59 Member Posts: 5
    That is wonderful. My daughter made me a cd with all songs relating to being a mother on it. I listen it to it so often that it is getting worn out. I cry everytime I play it. Thank God for our daughters and sons who keep us strong.
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Judy,
    I love that song! I listen to country music all the time and it is played often. I have 5 daughters and each one is special to me in their own unique way. Thanks for posting the words. It always gives me a different perspective to see things in writing.
    Jamie
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Judy,

I'll have to join this band wagon - I have 2 daughters and reading the words to the song are very meaningful. I love my daughters. They have been strong and there for me every step of the way - I am so blessed. Thanks for sharing.

Kerry
  • rejoyous
    rejoyous Member Posts: 259
    Hi Judy,

Thanks for posting this. I just sent it to my own wonderful daughter.

Glad to have you back.