I LOVE MY ONCOLOGIST!

2bhealed
2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
hey all you semi-colons!

Yes I am shouting that out (in all caps) because I want everyone to know how wonderful he is!

Maybe there should be an official Oncologist Appreciation Day. Say, why not?

Maybe I am just still full of Valentines Day loving but I am taking this opportunity to sing his praises.

He has always supported me in everything I have done and tried. He even encouraged me to drink green tea once. Once when we had a 'scare' he looked so bummed when he walked in. I always like to try and make him laugh and shock him (like telling him I do organic coffee enemas). When he told me that was dx'ed with colon cancer we became peers at that moment. I gave him my alternative medicine book list and he actually READ all the books (his wife went out and bought them). I was so happy he really did it. He never condemns me or belittles me for choosing my own path and rejecting the one he laid out for me.

He just called me to see how I was. I have not seen him in a year because my last tests I had done locally at the hospital where my husband is employed (doesn't cost anything then). So the doc was checking in. That makes me feel so well cared for.

But what really turned my crank was that HE is juicing (he was dx'ed 2 years ago) and he said it works!!!! He said there needs to be more scientific work on it, but HE knows it's working!! He also said that with colon cancer anything popping up after three years is very rare. I am at the 3 1/2 year point. I am celebrating that bit of info!!!!!

Anyway, I have a big smile on my face and I wanted to share it with all you semi-colons who are in various stages of healing.

www.discountjuicers.com if anyone is interested.

peace, emily who just had to share! :-) :-) :-)

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Emily,

HOORAY!! I love to hear these stories. I have combined juicing with my chemo regimen - I'm not as yucky sick this time around. Eating healthier really makes a difference. Thanks for all your good advice and contribution to some alternative treatments.

I am so very happy for your good news and that you have such a great doctor on hand to help you and believe in you.

Congratulations.

Kerry
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Hmmm... the day after Valentine's Day and Emily shouts that she LOVES HER ONCOLOGIST

Is your husband aware of this latest development, Em? Could put a wrinkle in that whole marriage thing... Just a thought, dear.
  • andreae
    andreae Member Posts: 236
    Oh Emily, only you could turn an oncologist! You are truly, truly awesome. Thank you for all your heartful and wise postings. I am a die hard chemo fan and you even have me turning! You are one incredible woman.

Thanks for being wonderful you:)

Hugs,
    Andrea
  • 2bhealed
    spongebob said:

Hmmm... the day after Valentine's Day and Emily shouts that she LOVES HER ONCOLOGIST

Is your husband aware of this latest development, Em? Could put a wrinkle in that whole marriage thing... Just a thought, dear.

hey a girl has to keep her options open.....

NO I AM KIDDING!!

that's ok Arthur loves him too....

well not like THAT.....geez SB.....

peace, emily the one man gal forever
  • 2bhealed
    andreae said:

Oh Emily, only you could turn an oncologist! You are truly, truly awesome. Thank you for all your heartful and wise postings. I am a die hard chemo fan and you even have me turning! You are one incredible woman.

Thanks for being wonderful you:)

Hugs,
    Andrea

hey sweet baby girl!

Ok, what are you waiting for, huh?

you'll turn a beautiful color outside and in.

thanks for the kind words.

peace, emily the juicing evangelist
  • 2bhealed
    kerry said:

Emily,

HOORAY!! I love to hear these stories. I have combined juicing with my chemo regimen - I'm not as yucky sick this time around. Eating healthier really makes a difference. Thanks for all your good advice and contribution to some alternative treatments.

I am so very happy for your good news and that you have such a great doctor on hand to help you and believe in you.

Congratulations.

Kerry

YOU GO GIRL!!

keep it up.

peace, emily
  • rejoyous
    rejoyous Member Posts: 259
    Hey juicing evangelist,

This whole set of postings was such a joy to read. I love your spirit, your juicing raves, maybe even your oncologist...are you going to get him to post here?

But the main thing I wanted to celebrate with you is that 3 1/2 year point you mentioned. YAAAHOOOO! If I'd gotten off my butt and ordered my juicer, I'd drink a ginger carrot cocktail to you right now. (Don't worry, it'll happen, I'm just moving slow in the chemo era--when my fingers stop tingling and I get my juice back, I promise I'll start juicing!)

Anyway, you brave girl, congratulations for doing it your way, and thank you for keeping after us to stay open to all possibilities for healing.
  • 2bhealed
    rejoyous said:

Hey juicing evangelist,

This whole set of postings was such a joy to read. I love your spirit, your juicing raves, maybe even your oncologist...are you going to get him to post here?

But the main thing I wanted to celebrate with you is that 3 1/2 year point you mentioned. YAAAHOOOO! If I'd gotten off my butt and ordered my juicer, I'd drink a ginger carrot cocktail to you right now. (Don't worry, it'll happen, I'm just moving slow in the chemo era--when my fingers stop tingling and I get my juice back, I promise I'll start juicing!)

Anyway, you brave girl, congratulations for doing it your way, and thank you for keeping after us to stay open to all possibilities for healing.

hi ya rejoyous!

I have said this before and I will say it again--I do not see myself as brave at all. Quite the contrary. I was more scared of the chemo than the cancer. Truly! It was one of the many reasons I said No to Chemo. But thanks anyway for thinking of me that way! :-)

So let me know when you get your juicer. I recommend a Champion Juicer (I have had a JuiceMan too and prefer the Champion).

I'll be waiting.....

peace, emily who likes being an interesting color....