Requesting Positive Vibes!!!

Fitlisa
Fitlisa Member Posts: 99
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi All,

Well the time is almost upon me - I have my surgery for the peritoneal carcinomatosis this Friday and am very glad that I made the decision to have it done now instead of waiting until March to go to Washington. Again, thanks to all of you in helping me come to that decision.

I have started to feel uncomfortable for the first time since I was diagnosed in May...hard to breathe at time and abdominal pain seems to be my constant companion. I am told by my surgeon that this is normal as the tumors in my abdomen, small tho they are, put pressure on the diaphram causing those feelings. Also, there are a zillion nerve endings in the peritoneum which cause the smallest pain to be exacerbated...so, soon he will clean me all out and I will be as good as new (hey, better hopefully!).

Anyway, my surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am this Friday and is scheduled to last 12-14 hours (yikes!). I will then be in the hospital for about 2 weeks before home to recover in the comfort of my own bed (man, will that feel good!).

I ask all of you to send me your positive vibes and prayers that all will be well. Every little bit helps and I know that there are no stronger beings on the planet than all of us.

I will give an update when I am home from hospital and I pray that all of you are doing wonderfuly well to start off what will hopefully be a fantastic new year for all of us.

Take care,

Lisa

Comments

• Btrcup
    Btrcup Member Posts: 286
    Lisa, I am sending the most positive vibes I can muster! Good Luck to you and remember you are always in our prayers.

Linda (Baltimore)
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    Lisa - You are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and All the best to you. I wish you the speedy recovery.

julie
  • griff
    griff Member Posts: 33
    Lisa,

I know how scared I got right before my surgery. You sound like a strong person and I'm confident you'll be great and feel much better when this is over with. Good luck and God Bless You. Hang in There!!!!

Griff
  • andreae
    andreae Member Posts: 236
    Dear Lisa,

Know that you will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. I know the surgery is a tough one and I know you will get through this. You WILL feel so much better after they rid you of all the nasty tumors. I remember how much better I felt after the APR... Focus on life that awaits you after surgery if you feel down in the hospital. After the surgery you will feel better, so much better and life will be waiting for you:)

Livestrong and be well.

All my love and warm fuzzies!!!
    Andrea
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Lisa,
    I am sending those positive vibes. You have a strength that comes through in your other messages. That strength will get you through this next step. POSITIVE VIBES!POSITIVE VIBES!POSITIVE VIBES!
    Mary
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Lisa!

The prayers will be going!!

Anything specific? General prayers are fine but sometimes it's a great feeling to pray for specifics and then watch them unfold.

Here's to your health!!

peace, emily who believes in the power of prayer
  • Fitlisa
    Fitlisa Member Posts: 99
    2bhealed said:

Lisa!

The prayers will be going!!

Anything specific? General prayers are fine but sometimes it's a great feeling to pray for specifics and then watch them unfold.

Here's to your health!!

peace, emily who believes in the power of prayer

You are all sooo amazing. Thank you. Teary here. Your strength gives me even more strength, Thanks guys
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Fitlisa said:

You are all sooo amazing. Thank you. Teary here. Your strength gives me even more strength, Thanks guys

Lisa, Honey, darlin gal........kanga is sending you a rainbow. You should know by now what is at the end of it!
    When you open your eyes after surgery and are regaining your lucidity remember to;
    "close your eyes and follow my rainbow....imagine all the wonderfull colours leading you to the end of my rainbow.....at the end you will find all our love!!!"
    We will be with you on friday sweetie, kanga n Jen
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Hi Lisa,
    Just wanted to add myself to the long list of folks sending positive thoughts, vibes and prayers your way. Stay strong and focused. I'll be thinking of you this Friday. Judy
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Dear Lisa,

Absolutely! You will be in our hearts, our prayers, and our thoughts all day Friday and during your recovery. I'll be praying for your surgeon and his team as well.

May your recovery be swift and complete.

Love,

Kay
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 597 Member
    Hi Lisa,

Lot's of love & prayers are being sent your way. Stay positive...

Lisa
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hi lisa,
    hoping all goes well and it will. you are a very strong person and will pull thru. we are here 24/7 everyday to help our family members thru.
    please keep us in the loop.
    all the best
    bruce
  • JKendall
    JKendall Member Posts: 186
    Hi Lisa...I'll bet you can't wait for Friday to be over, and you wake up with a great, (but tender and bruised) forward-looking attitude! Let us all know you're okay when when you feel up to it.

Jimmy
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    You are on my list.... best of luck to an easy recovery and wonderful surgery.

Stay strong. jana
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Lisa,
    I'm sending positive energy your way! You are in my thoughts. Stay positive and strong!
    Take care,
    Jamie
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    I am sending prayers, best wishes, positive vibes, and all my fingers and toes crossed! You are amazing. Yes, you are amazing.
    Tara
  • oneagleswings
    oneagleswings Member Posts: 425 Member
    Strong positive vibes coming your way...best wishes for a safe surgery and recovery. Look forward to your "back home" post.
    Bev