Any survivors of lung+liver+brain+spine cancer?

Gotkidz
Gotkidz Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My mom was diagnosised over Thanksgiving weekend with lung cancer that spread to her liver, spine & brain. There are massive leisons on her brain which is the immediate threat to her life. She's had 10 days of radiation treatments to the brain & we will meet w/the chemo doctor tomorrow to find out what treatment options are available. Oncologist is not very optimist about her survival only a matter of time (months not years). She's not in any pain right now and I hope she doesn't experience any either. Wondering is there any one out there that has lived longer than 2 months w/the same type of cancer throughout their body. I know everyone is different but I'm trying to gadge her time w/us & will she progressively get worse & not better after chemo? Intesested in knowing stats & time lines. Appreciating any in put from you and hoping that god blesses us with a miracle this holiday season. Thanks

Comments

• Fatboy
    Fatboy Member Posts: 25
    Gotkidz, please accept my prayers for your mom.

I had lung cancer which spread to my brain. The upper left lope lung was removed in 9/04. I have had 5 lesions to the brain. Each lesion was done by stereotactic radiosurgery. I don't know any thing about survival rate. Each person is different. I was diagnosed in 3/04. Please let me know how you and your mom are doing. May God bless you and your family this holiday.

Fatboy
  • Gotkidz
    Fatboy said:

Gotkidz, please accept my prayers for your mom.

I had lung cancer which spread to my brain. The upper left lope lung was removed in 9/04. I have had 5 lesions to the brain. Each lesion was done by stereotactic radiosurgery. I don't know any thing about survival rate. Each person is different. I was diagnosed in 3/04. Please let me know how you and your mom are doing. May God bless you and your family this holiday.

Fatboy

Thanks for your reply. My mom was scheduled to start chemo but because she is weak(no pain) they put her on a drug called Iressa. She's been on it for 2 days & today was really bad. She started vomiting, seems to be weaker, & diaherra. Hoping for a miracle. Have you heard Iressa? Looks like you are functioning well. My mom can't get up to type on the computer.
  • Fatboy
    Gotkidz said:

Thanks for your reply. My mom was scheduled to start chemo but because she is weak(no pain) they put her on a drug called Iressa. She's been on it for 2 days & today was really bad. She started vomiting, seems to be weaker, & diaherra. Hoping for a miracle. Have you heard Iressa? Looks like you are functioning well. My mom can't get up to type on the computer.

Gotkidz,
    Next month I will be doing tests to see if I can take that drug Iressa. I sure hope so. I have a friend who is on Iressa. So far it is working for (for the last two years). She does at times have some of those symptons. How are you holding up? Prayers to you and your mom and for the holidays.

Fatboy
  • Gotkidz
    Fatboy said:

Gotkidz,
    Next month I will be doing tests to see if I can take that drug Iressa. I sure hope so. I have a friend who is on Iressa. So far it is working for (for the last two years). She does at times have some of those symptons. How are you holding up? Prayers to you and your mom and for the holidays.

Fatboy

Fatboy,
    Did your friend's lung cancer matastise(sp?) They are saying my mom only has a few months. She's doing better today but still not walking & still weak. She took Iressa (day3) last night & had no symptoms. She did take Immodium to help w/the diahrea & a anti-nausuea med & they worked for her last night. Thanks
  • Fatboy
    Gotkidz said:

Fatboy,
    Did your friend's lung cancer matastise(sp?) They are saying my mom only has a few months. She's doing better today but still not walking & still weak. She took Iressa (day3) last night & had no symptoms. She did take Immodium to help w/the diahrea & a anti-nausuea med & they worked for her last night. Thanks

Gotkidz, my friend had lung cancer (they did extreme chemo and rads on her) no mets to anywhere or from anywhere. So glad the other meds are helping as well. Never give up! There is always hope. God bless you and your mom.