Some good news!

Sheepy
Sheepy Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all, I haven't posted for a loooong time but I've dropped in now and then over the last few months.

Just thought I'd let you know that last week I got the results of my first annual CT scan, and it was NED! Couple that with negligible CEA and some VERY encouraging words from my surgeon and onc. and I feel pretty optimistic.

(I was diagnosed stage 3 (one node) in August 2003).

It's a wonderful Christmas present for me - I hope you all have a fine Christmas despite all you're going through.

Remember this time last year I was in the middle of chemo, and I thought it would never end. Here I am, a year later, and I haven't felt better for years!

Comments

• Sheepy, that's a Merry Christmas present indeed...and a great way to start the new year. Keep it up. Bert was diagnosed stage III, four nodes, back in July 2003 and as of last scans (November) is also NED. Here's hoping you, Bert, and many others stay that way and even more become NED. Cheers!!!!

Monika :)
  • vanser
    vanser Member Posts: 100 Member
    Fantastic!

That is so wonderful - I am sure this news was the best Christmas present you could have received.
    Enjoy your holidays!

Vanessa
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Woo-HOO, Sheepy!

Way to go, my friend! BTW, you getting those e-mails I send your way? Not sure if the UK censor is blocking them at the border...

Great news - have a wonderful Christmas.

Cheers

- SB
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Thank you fo r the good news- I am like you were last year- in the middle of chemo and will be having a cycle starting on the 27th. I hope my story continues to mirror yours and next year I can enjoy a chemo free and optimistic Christmas. In the mean time I wish you all the best and congratulations,
    steve.
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    That's WONDERFUL! My mother is in treatment for stage 3 rectal cancer (1 node) so I'm REALLY happy to hear your news. Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas,
    julie
  • JKendall
    JKendall Member Posts: 186
    That's GREAT (said with a Tony the Tiger accent)!!! My wife was just diagnosed in October '04 with stage 4, and only one lymph node infected. You and the others like you are inspiring to us and add to our optimism. Thanks for sharing the good news!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Jimmy
  • Sheepy
    Sheepy Member Posts: 48
    JKendall said:

That's GREAT (said with a Tony the Tiger accent)!!! My wife was just diagnosed in October '04 with stage 4, and only one lymph node infected. You and the others like you are inspiring to us and add to our optimism. Thanks for sharing the good news!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Jimmy

Thanks all for your good wishes! I know I'm not out of the woods yet, and having faced up to this once my outlook on life is changed - looking at it all positively, encouraged by you good people, is what's kept me and my family going.

Bob - yes, I'm getting your emails. I'll do a 'day in the life of an EDS employee' newsletter someday, but I suspect it won't be as interesting....

PS I'll be visiting Florida in October 2005 - anyone live anywhere near Orlando? Long shot I know!
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Congratulations!! Wonderful news!! Thanks for sharing it with us.
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    taraHK said:

Congratulations!! Wonderful news!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hiya Sheepy. Great news!!!Now come join kanga in the rem. waitin room. Always a nice recliner here for another NED survivor!!!!!
    kanga n Jen
  • taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    HOORAY for you!!!! Merry Christmas Sheepy. I am very excited to hear your wonderful news. Keep up the good work.
    Love,
    Taunya