Young women who have gone through chemo

lhodnet
lhodnet Member Posts: 62
A personal question for you - how long did it take for your menstural cycles to return to normal - or did they?

Thank you,
Lisa

Comments

• KathySue1955
    KathySue1955 Member Posts: 6
    Can't answer your question, but if you don't get any replies, try the Leukemia & Lymphoma website (www.lls.org). It has a very active discussion board with lots of women who have had Hodgkin's.

Kathy
  • Heatherjb
    Heatherjb Member Posts: 27
    Mine returned in about 3 months. It still hasn't been regular, but the doctor says that it because my thyroid has been way off (from raditation). Once the thyroid gets to normal levels, it should regulate.
    Just as a note: I was 29 when I went through chemo.
    Heather
  • pickles123
    pickles123 Member Posts: 47
    about three months. I am 23
  • kiren
    kiren Member Posts: 40 Member
    I was 25 when I had chemo. At that time my menstruation was regular. After 6 years now for some reason its been a year and I am having irregularity. I am seeing my gyne who did all the tests, I am taking pills but nothing is helping and I am getting tired of it. I was thinking maybe it is because of chemo but an affect after this long time period? I am still searching for an answer.
  • Aggie03
    Aggie03 Member Posts: 1
    I am 23 (22 when I started chemo) and had somewhat normal periods all through chemo. At the end they started getting shorter and then slowly ended all together. I have been done with chemo for 3 months now and still nothing. My oncologist said it could take up to a year for them to return so he is not worried about it yet. I of corse am worried seeing that I am only 23, married and want kids.

On a side note...I am on the lls.org boards alot and there are several ladies on there with similar situations.