pathology report

Billybumps
Billybumps Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I had a radical prostatectomy in 6/03. I just recently obtained a copy of the pathology report and it mentions something that I have never heard of. It shows that my my prostate had "prostatic intraepithelial hyperplasia, high grade, multiple and extensive". Does anyone know what that means? Is it something that may have an affect on the probability of recurrance. Thankfully, all of my PSA's since surgery have been undetectable. If anyone knows anything about this, I would greatly appreciate your help and/or ideas. Thanks so much.

Comments

• AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Intraepithelial means between the layers of epithelial tissue which is the same as skin tissue. Hyperplasia just means growth of tisssue. I am a dental surgeon but my intepretation is that it is just non tumor tissue filling in the spaces where the tumor was but ask your doctor braneburt@comcast.net
  • bitaday
    bitaday Member Posts: 36
    Goodmorning Billy if there was any malignancy pathologist should directly write it. I think this is is something due to BPH.Did you have any medication before prostatectomy?