Doctor very positive today

grandma047
grandma047 Member Posts: 381
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all, My surgeon's office called yesterday and asked if I wanted to get this port out, and I said, "oh, yes!!!!' I went today at 10am. It hurt like h#$%#*&, but it's out. I bled quite a bit, which concerned them at first. He said it's because of the blood thinners. He also said I will get to go off them in December and he said then I can really enjoy Christmas CANCER FREE. I loved the sound of that. I pray that it never returns.......I can't dwell on that though. I really enjoy life and my family and my church and I truly love God and know He has my best interests at heart. I love all you guys too. You've meant the world to me. It's because of you all and my other friends that I'm still here. Your prayers reached Heaven and He listened. I'm doing a little better every day. I hope you all are too. Talk to you soon.
Love and prayers, Judy(grandma047)

Comments

• bsrules
    bsrules Member Posts: 296
    Judy,

That is GREAT NEWS!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! You have had one H--- of rough time but as I knew you would you are getting through it --One Step At a Time!!!!!! I am so happy you are feeling better!!! Your post sounds so upbeat!!! It is a great up lift for me know that we can fight this and win!!!!!!Bob is fighting this with everything he has!!!! I hope that you have a WONDERFUL holiday season and get all your Christmas shopping done without to much stress!!! Start NOW!!!! Do me a favor when you get out in the Malls and you see some kid with their pants down to there knees -- pull them down for me and give yourself a big laugh!!!! I know that when I pick there kids up on the bus in the morning and they can't pick there legs up to get up the steps I just wish that I could pull them down but being a bus driver you can't touch any of these kids in any way. I have always wanted to do that and you can do it for me!!!!

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

Best wishes!!!!!!!

Sue
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hi judy,
    great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes the man upstairs answered your prayers !!!
    i am very happy for you and your family.
    start shopping for xmas it's around the corner.
    many,many,many happy and healhty cancer free xmases ahead
    all the best
    bruce (fedester)
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    fedester said:

hi judy,
    great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes the man upstairs answered your prayers !!!
    i am very happy for you and your family.
    start shopping for xmas it's around the corner.
    many,many,many happy and healhty cancer free xmases ahead
    all the best
    bruce (fedester)

So happy for you Judy!!!!!!!!!!Always new sooner or later you would give us some great news. No matter how hard we try that darn thing will always be at the back of our minds--but in time sweetie the wonderfull things around us will get more of our attention, less time to worry about what ifs?
    YU gunna try this nice comfy recliner next to me in tha survivors room now????
    luv n huggs--lots of 'em from kanga n Jen
  • Doing the happy dance for you out here in California Judy. Get to shopping girl...it's almost here again. God listens to us all and yes, he does have out best intentions even if we don't see it that way.

Take care and dwell only on the good things.

Hugs,
    Monika