METS TO OVARIES

MUGGINS
MUGGINS Member Posts: 35
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I HAVE QUESTION FOR ALL YOU SEMI-COLONS.
IS ANYONE FAMILIAR W/METS ONLY TO THE OVARIES?
I BELIEVE THIS IS PRETTY RARE AND I'M INTERESTED IN HEARING ANYBODY'S INPUT ON THEIR EXPERIENCE
THANKS ALL

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Hi Muggins,

I have heard that mets to the ovaries are not usual, but can happen - so when I was diagnosed I contacted my OBGYN and asked about removing my ovaries. He agreed, but my oncologist disagreed - so now I have yearly sonograms of my ovaries - which have been ok so far.

It is important that we trust our doctors, but also take charge of our health and feel confident in our treatment. Best of luck and God bless.

Kerry
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    kerry said:

Hi Muggins,

I have heard that mets to the ovaries are not usual, but can happen - so when I was diagnosed I contacted my OBGYN and asked about removing my ovaries. He agreed, but my oncologist disagreed - so now I have yearly sonograms of my ovaries - which have been ok so far.

It is important that we trust our doctors, but also take charge of our health and feel confident in our treatment. Best of luck and God bless.

Kerry

Hiya MUGGINS---ok--this is not a "male" thingy but 'ol kanga knows that you have posted support for him--sooooo----if you are concerned, voice your concerns to the doc.---no sense worryin and better to be checked than heap that worry on yourself.
    b good, b well, b safe--luv kanga n Jen

pss----Hiya Kerry---hope yu are doin ok gal!
    ps--just 'cos I am male don't mean I can't reply-errr--maybe Jen should do the replying to this one?
  • MUGGINS
    MUGGINS Member Posts: 35
    kangatoo said:

Hiya MUGGINS---ok--this is not a "male" thingy but 'ol kanga knows that you have posted support for him--sooooo----if you are concerned, voice your concerns to the doc.---no sense worryin and better to be checked than heap that worry on yourself.
    b good, b well, b safe--luv kanga n Jen

pss----Hiya Kerry---hope yu are doin ok gal!
    ps--just 'cos I am male don't mean I can't reply-errr--maybe Jen should do the replying to this one?

KANGA,
    ALWAYS LOVE TO READ YOUR POSTS NO MATTER IF IT IS JUST A FEMALE THING. HOPE ALL IS WELL W/YOU