frequent bm's

anscot
anscot Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My husband had chemo/radiation/surgery in 11/01
to remove most of his rectum. He still has 35 - 60 bowel movements per week which is both painful and quite inconvenient. Anyone heard of a solution? We are thinking about seeing a hypnotist and a nutritionist. Thanks!
Ann

Comments

• Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    I take lomotil daily and tincture of opium as needed. They both definitely help. Diet doesn't seem to make a difference. I had all of my rectal tissue removed.
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Hi Ann, I have heard of people taking relatively large doses of Immodium (or similar). But I guess this would need to be checked out with his doctor first - some doctors seem not to favour this, and I guess it might be contraindicated for some people....
    Good luck.
    Tara
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    taraHK said:

Hi Ann, I have heard of people taking relatively large doses of Immodium (or similar). But I guess this would need to be checked out with his doctor first - some doctors seem not to favour this, and I guess it might be contraindicated for some people....
    Good luck.
    Tara

hi there,
    my mom uses penatan cream for her sore bum. you'll find in the the baby area near the diapers. its use normally for bum rashes.