Prayers please

deneenb
deneenb Member Posts: 130
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I hope this message finds everyone well. My Dad had his first PET scan (2 weeks ago) following surgery (2 months ago) for Stage IV colon cancer with mets to the omentum/peritineum. We will find out the results this coming Monday. The oncologist at Sloan said they would do surgery on the mets as long as nothing shows up on his liver or in his lungs over the next 6 months. I have been praying for good results but would lkie to ask for extra prayers from others dealing with this. I've seen requests for prayers numerous times on this message board and it always seems that those prayers are answered. If you could, please add a prayer for my Dad when you say yours over this weekend.

Thank You So Much,
Deneen

Comments

• grandma047
    grandma047 Member Posts: 381
    Everyone on this board is really good to help, whether with prayers or words of encouragement. I know my prayers were answered because I should have been dead. I went through cancer surgery in May and had quite a few complications. But.... God kept me here for a reason. I will start praying hard for your dad right now. Keep us posted. And if you have any questions, you've come to the right place. This group is great. I don't know what I'd have done without them. Good luck to your dad.
    Love and prayers, Judy(grandma047)
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    You got it Deneen. Prayer is a very powerful thing. I had my whole community and friends all over the country praying for me.

You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers right now. Best of luck on Monday

Love, Barb
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Deneen, Waiting for test results is so difficult. Sening prayers and best wishes your way. Please keep us posted.
    Tara
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Deneen, You dad is on my list, and you, too!
    Judy
  • carmen07
    carmen07 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Deneen
    My husband & I pray for good results this coming Monday. Waiting for test result is very difficult. From the northeast also. Best of luck to your Dad!
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    carmen07 said:

Deneen
    My husband & I pray for good results this coming Monday. Waiting for test result is very difficult. From the northeast also. Best of luck to your Dad!

Hiya Deneen. As others here know , kanga has a special way of telling yu we care.
    I am sending yu a "rainbow"---now at the end of this rainbow is something more precious than gold---LOVE.
    You and your dad are in our thoughts and prayers Deneen. No-one is forgotten here.
    luv n huggs, kanga n Jen

Special hugg for your dad from Jen ((((((((Deneen's dad)))))))))))
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    My thought and prayers will be with your dad and you. We pray that his liver and lungs stay healthy and you receive good PET scan results tomorrow.

I'm sorry that you had to wait so long for the results. I generally get mine within two days.

Let us know how you both are doing.

Hugs and love to you both,

Kay
  • belinda25
    belinda25 Member Posts: 44
    Hey Deneen,

No worries mate, I will be praying for you and your dad and hoping the results you get today are good. I sent you a personal email, so check your messages on your start up page :)

Keep us updated
    Love
    Belinda