dad

vac
vac Member Posts: 97
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
i have written a few times about my dad. he had prostate cancer. he went for a colanoscopy and the dr. nicked his colan, went for surgery about 4 months ago. he never got better, he passed away wednesday of this week. a great man and will truely be missed.

Comments

• omarisan
    omarisan Member Posts: 27
    Vac, sorry for your loss. It must have been tough to be fighting one problem then getting smacked with a tragedy from a totally unexpected source. I have been thru two colonoscopies with no problems but, as with all medical procedures, there is always a risk, albeit in this case, supposedly rare. Keep the faith.
  • rogermoore
    rogermoore Member Posts: 264 Member
    Vac,

I'm so sorry to hear of your Fathers loss. Its ironic that you mention the colonoscopy, since I am a 3 1/2 yr survivor of PC and just this last Monday had my first colonoscopy. My Mother (in her 80's) had a similar circumstance during her last colonoscopy and was in very serious condition for some time. Unfortunately sometimes the recovery is not possible.

I know you will miss your Father, but at the same time I am sure you have many precious memories you will recall now and in the future.

Again, our condolences for your loss.

Roger
  • kaiepooh
    kaiepooh Member Posts: 52
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. it is a terrible thing to have such a tragedy. may you find peace within and cherrish the memories you have.

Karen