4 cycles & Rad stage IIA Nod. Scl.

positive
positive Member Posts: 75
My dad completed 4 cycles of ABVD and will have 4 weeks of radiation. He was found to be in a early stage with nodes in neck and armpit. My question is Has anyone completed 4 cycles for Stage IIA, non-bulky nodular sclerosis?

Comments

• Heatherjb
    Heatherjb Member Posts: 27
    I was diagnosed with stage IIA nodular sclerosing in June of 2002. I had 4 months (8 treatments) of ABVD and 6 weeks of radiation. I have been cancer-free for 18 months now. Hang in there, it does get better. I know your dad has had a lot of things come up, but things should gradually get back to normal. You can e-mail me through the site if you would like. I usually check in every few days.
  • dpomroy
    dpomroy Member Posts: 135
    I was diagnosed with Hodgkins 2B nodular scherosis in August of 2000. I had 16 ABVD treatments followed by 5 weeks of daily radiation. There are lots of us out here still kicking after all that. Your dad is going to be one of them too.
  • cblas1
    cblas1 Member Posts: 2
    I was diagnosed stage IIA nodular sclerosing in June of 1991. I recieved 10 cylces of ABVD and 22 radiation treatments. I was not pleasant but I have been cancer free for 12 years. It is worth it! Things will get better!