Good News!!

cmcl
cmcl Member Posts: 78
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to share some good news with all of you. I'll give a brief history for the new comers. I'm 39. I had a hysterectomy/bowel resection in June 03. The pathology showed that the cancer had started on my colon near the cecum and spread to my right ovary. I had no symptoms and no family history of colon cancer. There were no lymph nodes involved. I went through 6 months of treatment-Oxali/5FU/Luc. I had my first PET scan, since finishing treatment, on March 16. Now for the good news...... I got the results today. Everything is crystal clear, no signs of cancer! I am so grateful for all the support I have received from family, friends, co workers and of course all of you. So to all of you who are doubtful.....please keep your faith in beleiving you can be cured. I realize it has only been 9 months since I have been diagnosed and I still have a long road ahead of me, but I see this as a great start to a long race. I'll keep running until I finish in first place.
Keep the faith, stay strong and most of all, stay positive.
Lots of Love,
Carolyn

Comments

• 4mykids
    4mykids Member Posts: 33
    That is indeed good news! Congratulations!! I am a newcomer, and I am so encouraged by the positive attitude that exudes from this group, and I am very happy for you!!

Michelle
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Carolyn,

Hooray!! Good news. It has been 15 months since I have been diagnosed and 7 months since I finished my chemo. It is great. Good luck!!

Kerry
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Carolyn,

Hooray!! Good news. It has been 15 months since I have been diagnosed and 7 months since I finished my chemo. It is great. Good luck!!

Kerry
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    WOOHOO!!!!

Time to celebrate and do something wonderful just for you!! Pamper! Treat yourself! Enjoy!

Congrats on the good news. Every clear test deserves rave celebrations!

peace, emily who is 2 1/2 yrs and counting!
  • grandma047
    grandma047 Member Posts: 381
    Hi Carolyn, That is wonderful news!!!! Each person that has great news, gives everyone else more hope. To you and to all who are fighting, keep the faith and hope. WE WILL MAKE IT!!!!!!
    Love, Judy H(Grandma)
  • Wonderful, wonderful news. Keep running and Bert and I will run right along with you. With any luck and prayers, we'll all keep winning this race.

Hugs,
    Monika
  • schoolgirl
    schoolgirl Member Posts: 29
    Hi Carolyn... I am so happy for you. Praise the Lord. Go have a good time, enjoy each and every day. I will continue to pray for this group of people. Everyone is so caring and encouraging. Loving thoughts and prayers, Yvonne
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Carolyn, What great news, and thank you for keeping us up to date...I like Emily's advice, do something extra nice for yourself. Your attitude is awesome. Judy