FIL Update

2bhealed
2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey all!

We went to visit Grandpa who seemed to be in pretty good spirits....having goals such as...I look forward to kayaking with you all this summer. Life plans are good. This means he has hope. Unlike his ex, my MIL who tells us everytime we come to visit that she's just waiting to die.

The doctors left a little pocket of stomach for him. that's good. No chemo. that's even better. Now he has the long recovery ahead but this is nothing new to him since he had most of his stomach removed 30 some years ago due to severe ulcers. We commiserated on our abdominal surgeries.

We will go up again in a couple weeks to visit.

Thanks for your prayers and words of wisdom. For some reason I have such an easier time forgiving him and cutting him slack than the MIL. But that's another story for another day....

peace, emily who is reminded to practice what she preaches! :-)

Comments

• jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Hi Emily, So glad to hear that surgery went well for your FIL. He's lucky to have your support and understanding. Wishing you both good health. Judy
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    good news Emily-you are a good DIL..family is always a challange, but better than having none.."The Only
    Disability in Life is a Bad Attitude" -(Scott Hamilton) best wishes, Bud
  • pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    Hey Emily,
    Glad to hear your FIL is doing good and everything went well.
    Hugs
    Pattie