chemo and diarrhoea.

vcavanagh
vcavanagh Member Posts: 79
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Anyone getting or going to get chemo may be interested in this site. There is a lot of good info here. They are recommending Sandostatin for the diarrhoea ( as well as the usual medications)but this stuff does seem to help.(I'm not selling it !!) The site has a lot of info and will , I hope , be of help to some of us, even if it is just the discussions.
Blessings to all,
V.C.

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    I hear a pint of Guiness also helps!
  • Hi VC:

What site? I am interested in reading up on this for as you may recall, chemo & diarrhea is what put my Bert in the hospital. I didn't see an web address in your post.

Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,
    Monika
  • vcavanagh
    spongebob said:

I hear a pint of Guiness also helps!

Ho SBob.,
    Guinness helps but Powers is better. Did you get to Paris yet. That's better still.
    V.C.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    vcavanagh said:

Ho SBob.,
    Guinness helps but Powers is better. Did you get to Paris yet. That's better still.
    V.C.

Ahoy, Vincent!

Yes - made it to Paris. Had a wonderful week despite the weather. People were very nice. Unfortunately I couldn't find your book shoppe - perhaps better luck next time.

Hmmm... Powers? They don't sell it here in the US. My pub "Sine" just started selling Smithwick's - heretofore unavailable in the US also - still can't get it in anything but a keg (not to say that's a problem, you understand...)

Be well, my friend
  • vcavanagh
    spongebob said:

Ahoy, Vincent!

Yes - made it to Paris. Had a wonderful week despite the weather. People were very nice. Unfortunately I couldn't find your book shoppe - perhaps better luck next time.

Hmmm... Powers? They don't sell it here in the US. My pub "Sine" just started selling Smithwick's - heretofore unavailable in the US also - still can't get it in anything but a keg (not to say that's a problem, you understand...)

Be well, my friend

Hello SBob,
    Glad you survived Paris. I think I told you that Shakespeare's first published James Joyce's Ulysses about 1922. I'm currently reading it again. If you can't get Powers you are missing a treat. Try for Bushmills (they make it down the road from here - oldest distillery in the world ! ) What's a good American one? Southern Comfort??
    Cheers,
    Vincent.