I just found out

I just found out I have pre-cancerous cells. I'm nervous about going Monday for the test. Any suggestions?

Comments

• nkern
    nkern Member Posts: 37
    Try not to get too worked up yet. They may only be surface cells which can be easily removed. One thing that cancer has taught me is to not spend alot of time worrying about what "might be", but focus on only what you know for sure. You can waste alot of energy on something that could be easily taken care of. Often times pre-cancerous cells are just that, pre-cancerous, caught in time, they are easy to take care of. Just stay calm, focus on the good and try to be patient for the results.
  • MrsSantolla
    MrsSantolla Member Posts: 20
    Good advice nkern. This is so true. Pre-cancerous
    can be treated fairly easily. I know it is easier said than done not to worry. Try to stay busy, dont read everything you see, seriously. Do things for youself during this time and "this to shall pass"... Stay on top of your visits and follow-ups.
    Take care and God bless.
  • cas
    cas Member Posts: 5
    i am a cervical cancer survivor of 5 months. you will have to go to radiation, maybe chemo and maybe have a implant but you just hang tough cervical cancer is the most easiest to get rid of just think positve the treatments are worse than the cancer but it kills the cancer that is the good partjust do not give up
  • cas
    cas Member Posts: 5
    i am a survivor of cervical cancer go to the doc b4 it gets any bigger like mine mine was 8 centimeters wide but i had chemo, rads and a radical hysterectomy and i am in 6 months remission don not worry ok your doc has caught it early and that is good
  • lintek
    lintek Member Posts: 6
    cas said:

i am a survivor of cervical cancer go to the doc b4 it gets any bigger like mine mine was 8 centimeters wide but i had chemo, rads and a radical hysterectomy and i am in 6 months remission don not worry ok your doc has caught it early and that is good

Hi Cas,my name is linda S. I just found this great website.My diagnosis of cervical CA is still pending.CT-Scan found cervix to be 7.5 x 5.4 Its way up there,what ever it is. I havent had SX yet.Doctor doesn't seem to ever be there for me.either going on vacation or sick when I need to ask a question. Pap and office cerv.biopsy negative.I don't know whats next to find out if it;s CA. I mentioned cone biopsy to her and she made me feel like a fool.she's new to me.regualr OBGYN. I'm having some symptoms and was wondering if you were too.I want to find out as much as possible since the doctor is never there for me.my e-mail address is lintek@optonline.net if you can;t respond to me here. Thanks, Linda S
  • lintek
    lintek Member Posts: 6
    cas said:

Hi Cas,my name is linda S. I just found this great website.My diagnosis of cervical CA is still pending.CT-Scan found cervix to be 7.5 x 5.4 The radiologist says its suspicious for CA.Its way up there. The Doc feels it on pelvic exam. I havent had Surgery yet.Doctor doesn't seem to ever be there for me.either going on vacation or sick when I need to ask a question. Pap and office cerv.biopsy negative.I don't know whats next to find out if it;s CA. I mentioned cone biopsy to her and she made me feel like a fool.she's new to me.regualr OBGYN. I'm having some symptoms and was wondering if you were too.I want to find out as much as possible since the doctor is never there for me.my e-mail address is lintek@optonline.net if you can;t respond to me here. Thanks, Linda S
  • clinsen
    clinsen Member Posts: 4
    cas said:

i am a cervical cancer survivor of 5 months. you will have to go to radiation, maybe chemo and maybe have a implant but you just hang tough cervical cancer is the most easiest to get rid of just think positve the treatments are worse than the cancer but it kills the cancer that is the good partjust do not give up

My mom was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer stage III. I am wondering if you can give any piece of advice. When were you diagnosed and at what stage? She just started her radiation treatment.