Hodgkin's Survivor

michelle77
michelle77 Member Posts: 10
Hi there! My name is Michelle. I was treated for Hodgkings from age 13 to 14, I received MOPP & ABVD. (ABVD was really awful & made me quite ill) Anyway, I'm now 26 & have been cured for over 12 years now & would like to connect with fellow Hodgkins survivors, or those who are newly diagnosed. I'm new to this site & I think it's so wonderful that we can all connect together & share our stories & help each other get this all the aftermath, whether physical or mental. I hope to talk with you guys soon! Take Care & God Bless Michelle

Comments

• jcarpiaux
    jcarpiaux Member Posts: 2
    Dear Michelle,
    I was treated for stage4 Hodgkins two years ago. Because I am still in remission I worry a lot about my disease coming back. It is great to read about others who are fine now and have been cancer free for long periods of time. I am also new to the site but I look forward to sharing stories with others. Take care.
  • michelle77
    jcarpiaux said:

Dear Michelle,
    I was treated for stage4 Hodgkins two years ago. Because I am still in remission I worry a lot about my disease coming back. It is great to read about others who are fine now and have been cancer free for long periods of time. I am also new to the site but I look forward to sharing stories with others. Take care.

Hi, firstly what is your name? How old were you when you were diagnosed? I'm sure you've heard the statistics on Hodgkins, I think it's like 90% or 95% curable, so take each day with stride and enjoy you life as best you can, because I think you will be just fine. Try to follow a healthy diet and take vitamins & go for your check ups. For my first few years after treatment I was in denial that "this" ever happened to me. I spent my teen years partying & pretending to be normal, I had a very dismal & sinical outlook on the life & the world. Over time I too became worried of it coming back, I still have that fear now when I get sick or don't feel well, so I don't think that fear will ever leave us. But think of it this way - we are survivors!! We beat cancer! That's awesome in itself! We beat something that people live there whole lives in fear of getting. I have found that prayer and faith in God's help and guidance has really helped me over the years. We can email each other through this web-site, once your logged in go to "read or send email" & you can send it to the user names here (michelle77). Anyway, hope to hear from you soon! Michelle
  • Moof
    Moof Member Posts: 3
    Hi Michelle, I have been in remission from my Hodgkins for almost three years now. I was treated for it from age 18-19. It was a very rough time for me, but i am now trying to learn how to cope with a lot of the feeling that i have felt since i finish all my treatments. I found this website in hope to meet and talk with people out there just like me. Hope to get to talk to you very soon.
  • michelle77
    Moof said:

Hi Michelle, I have been in remission from my Hodgkins for almost three years now. I was treated for it from age 18-19. It was a very rough time for me, but i am now trying to learn how to cope with a lot of the feeling that i have felt since i finish all my treatments. I found this website in hope to meet and talk with people out there just like me. Hope to get to talk to you very soon.

Hi Moof! Glad to hear your reply, feel free to email me through this website by using my user name "michelle77". I definately want to chat with you. I'm sure we have a lot of the name feelings on what happened to us. I'd love to hear how you were diagnosed & what treatment you received. Oh, and for Hodgkins I don't like to say remission - I like to say CURED!!! I have been cured for over 12 years now, thanks to God. I think they technically ahve a point, like 5 years cancer free, and then you're considered cured. But 3 years is an awesome start!! We beat cancer!! We rock!! Hope to hear from you soon, take care. Also, please let me know your name so I know who I'm talking to. Michelle
  • cristi
    cristi Member Posts: 1
    I am from Romania, my name is Cristian Rais. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease IIB in Aug 1984.I had been sick for about two years prior to this diagnosis.I underwent 2X6 combined treatments of conventional chemotherapy(MOPP) + splenectomy + radiotherapy.I am currently in complete remission (19 years). CRISTIAN RAIS
    SF. GHEORGHE (ST. GEORGE), COVASNA ROMANIA
    cristirais@yahoo.com
  • tjcavy
    tjcavy Member Posts: 3
    jcarpiaux said:

Dear Michelle,

I had hodgkins first when I was 22.It came back when I was 25.I am now 34.I went through radiation the first go round and chemo the second.I worry about secondary cancers.I have alot of trouble with muscle cramping and also cannot gain weight or build muscle mass but I am alive.