Chemo & Prostate Cancer-Any experience?

CeeB
CeeB Member Posts: 1
edited February 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1
my cancer has spilled outside of my prostate to my lymph nodes. I have gone to chemotherapy and and have gone from one chemo to taxotere. It appears that the cancer is growing. Does any one have anyone have any experience with chemo and prostate cancer?

Comments

• nutt
    nutt Member Posts: 140
    CeeB, have no experience to help but know that there are new approaches and "mixes" of chemo out there. Ask your doctor about these and keep in touch. You are in our prayers.
    Joe
  • Mert
    Mert Member Posts: 1
    nutt said:

CeeB, have no experience to help but know that there are new approaches and "mixes" of chemo out there. Ask your doctor about these and keep in touch. You are in our prayers.
    Joe

I have had 2 Texatera,Estramustine, Dexamethasone chemo 21 days apart and they are devistating me. Terrible Flu like symptoms
  • Eagle108
    Eagle108 Member Posts: 2 *

I am 66 and have Non- Hodgkin's Lymphoma stage 4 and was just diagnosed with Prostate cancer. I am also a Bladder Cancer survivor and COPD patient.

I get Chemo (Rituximab) every 3 months. I am scheduled to start Radiation for Prostate mid-April. I did ask the Oncologist if there was any issue with having both simultaneously, and he said not a problem.

I am now doing pre radiation procedures I was told are required prior to Radiation.

2 days ago I had a Colonoscopy, today had my 1st Hormone blocker shot. Have a CT Scan and Dexa treatment coming up. I thought when I opted for the radiation that I would just go in and get it for a week and be done. Then I am told of the pre-requisites and then 28 consecutive days of radiation. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

With my Lymphoma, after 2 years of just watching (no treatment), I went from a stage 1 to Stage 4 in 90 days. Since it is not curable they started Chemo with Rituximab. After talking to the nurses I found out that it is only a maintenance drug since there was no other option. Basically just keeping me alive and slowing progress. At stage 4 I don't know how much progress room I have.

And now I have to deal with Prostate. I opted for Radiation because I still work, am single and live alone. I can't afford to be hospitalized at this point. My choice. Besides, I don't know what survival time is for the Lymphoma.

I just take it day by day. Between different doctor's appointments, tests, treatments and misc related things I already spend about 50 days a year just doing these. Probably more now.

I also do Pulmonary rehab twice a week. I used to be fairly healthy, except for 43 years smoking which started everything 10 years ago. I have to say I'm tired, but still waking up to do what I have to.

I wish everyone the best battling this cancer.

• Ringmastr1
    Ringmastr1 Member Posts: 1 *

I'm newly diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer. I've been doing lots of reading. I'm going to be starting the hormone meds to try to keep the cancer cells from growing. One new treatment I've read about that may be helpful is Pluvicto. It was just FDA approved in May 2022. Check with your doctor to see if it would be helpful for you.