lymph involvement

marian
marian Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am starting chemo this week after Jan surgery. Dr. using 3 drug theraphy + Xeloda. I am very scared, a Pet showed lots of bad lymphs. Anyone have similar experience with advice to share?

Comments

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hi Marian,I had 13 lymph nodes removed six were cancerous ,that was over five years ago stay positive and do anything in your power to hurt the cancer ,good luck ,my thoughts will be with you, RON.
  • wildcat
    wildcat Member Posts: 40
    Hey Marian, I had 8 of 10 positive and still clear. Surgery was a year ago last Oct.
  • vcavanagh
    vcavanagh Member Posts: 79
    I had one positive gland. Surgery was 20 months ago followed by a rather simpler type of chemo than you are getting. We are not as advanced in Ireland as you are in U.S.A. I also have a "slow" type of leukaemia. I'm still still going strong. I returned to work again today and feel pretty good. Keep your heart up . You are now officially added to my prayer list. V.C.
  • marian
    marian Member Posts: 2
    vcavanagh said:

I had one positive gland. Surgery was 20 months ago followed by a rather simpler type of chemo than you are getting. We are not as advanced in Ireland as you are in U.S.A. I also have a "slow" type of leukaemia. I'm still still going strong. I returned to work again today and feel pretty good. Keep your heart up . You are now officially added to my prayer list. V.C.

Thanks for your reply and your prayers. Started radical chemo last week, so far so good. All the success stories are so comforting.
  • vcavanagh
    vcavanagh Member Posts: 79
    marian said:

Thanks for your reply and your prayers. Started radical chemo last week, so far so good. All the success stories are so comforting.

Now you're talking. 'Atta girl.
    V.C.
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Hi Marian, I had 14 lymph nodes removed 10 were positive,I had my surgery March 20 2002.Had a CT scan last week and all was ok. Keep the faith. Lisa