I believe Radiation damage

livin
livin Member Posts: 318 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had 6 months of chemo 6 months of radiation. Since then my left side hip leg and buttocks are stiff also my back on that side. I use to have burning pains in my hip if I lay on it to long while sleeping. My mobility on that side is less than my right. I have started to exercise now with hopes of relief. Anyone had similar problems. The doctor didn't believe the pain I was experiencing wouldn't give nothing for pain. He did not see any thing. How can you see pain, I know by facial expression or moaning. But he did not see nothing. I felt like slapping him The pain at that time was from the crack of my behind to my left hip. (excuse my decription). Now I believe I have adhesions on my left side also I can't cross my leg on that side.

Comments

• FAITH777
    FAITH777 Member Posts: 5
    Yes I am also experiencing similar side effects from chemo and radiation. I've even started the excercise to eliminate what appears to be a 'guessing game' for a problematic cure. I would like to go into detail however my surgeon has me seeing a physical therapist this morning concerning the mobility on the left side. My lower back to the upper left shoulder in front and back has a 'continuious' numbing type of pain. I'm not sure but my oncologist mentioned the possibility of nerve damage particularly from the surgery (and who knows whatever else). Please write me and/or lets set up a chat.
    Faith777
  • Video
    Video Member Posts: 2
    I have radiation damage on my tailbone, my doctor
    sent me to an orthopedic doctor who discovered it.
    I was in severe pain for months but I'm so much better now. Due to drugs and resting a bit.
  • livin
    Update: I did not mention the test that I have been through regarding the pain I have in my back left side. I had a xray, bone scan which picked up a shadow on my lefthip area. Had a M.R.I. which also shows this shadow area on my left hip bone. Now next Monday I will have a PET scan,yet the Doctor thinks its nothing. Don't you just love going through all these test. I tell my friends if I look older than 48 years old its because the stress we have to go through with test for one sort of a pain. I told the Doctor if its Bone Cancer I was going to sue for waiting so long with all these test. Its been a month with all the test and I don't have a name for the Pain and stiffness, meaning diagnois. What make things worst being a nurse you come up with all kinds of diagnois for yourself. Put it this way I would be glad if its only Radiation Damage.
  • livin
    Video said:

I have radiation damage on my tailbone, my doctor
    sent me to an orthopedic doctor who discovered it.
    I was in severe pain for months but I'm so much better now. Due to drugs and resting a bit.

Hi Video, How long ago did you have your radiation. I had mine 1 year ago this month. The problems that I have seem to have gotten worse over the months but I also attributed the stiffness with a lack of not moving around like I used to at work. At present I am retired also developed Bakers Cyst in the left knee that slowed my mobility.
  • livin
    livin said:

Update: I did not mention the test that I have been through regarding the pain I have in my back left side. I had a xray, bone scan which picked up a shadow on my lefthip area. Had a M.R.I. which also shows this shadow area on my left hip bone. Now next Monday I will have a PET scan,yet the Doctor thinks its nothing. Don't you just love going through all these test. I tell my friends if I look older than 48 years old its because the stress we have to go through with test for one sort of a pain. I told the Doctor if its Bone Cancer I was going to sue for waiting so long with all these test. Its been a month with all the test and I don't have a name for the Pain and stiffness, meaning diagnois. What make things worst being a nurse you come up with all kinds of diagnois for yourself. Put it this way I would be glad if its only Radiation Damage.

P.S I have not ruled out Scar tissue that they may be seeing. I had laparcopy Surgery in march of 2000, A total hysterectomy in May of 2000 then Colectomy in February 2001. Like I said there I go DX myself again.
  • wildcat
    wildcat Member Posts: 40
    Same pain, same area. I finished Chemo and Radiation last June. I was screened and severe arthritis developed in my back. Hey, better then something else showing up on the scan.
  • JesHappy
    JesHappy Member Posts: 2
    I had radiation and chemotherapy - and I, too, experienced quite a bit of pain. Mostly in the tailbone area. It lasted for quite a while and disrupted my sleeping habits greatly - but I'm happy to report that eventually it went away. I no longer have the problem.
  • livin
    Update: Well I had the PET Scan today. Lying on my back for 53 minutes to take the test made my back and hip hurt. I will have to wait until next Monday for the results. I have no insurance on Charity Care so it takes that long. But I believe if its something serious they will call me. I hope. I just hate the wait of not knowing anything. I understand that the PET SCAN is the Mother of all Test. So now I wonder what else they have seen. Hey, a 2 time Cancer survivor it makes you wonder.
  • Video
    Video Member Posts: 2
    Livin.. sorry it took me so long to answer. I had my cancer two years ago and was diagnosed
    that I was over radiated last August. I had a
    hard time walking and my back was in so much pain.
    I still feel pain in my ankle and back but this
    I can live with. Hope your feeling better soon.
  • livin
    Update: WHEW PET SCAN SHOWED NOTHING NOW WE ARE LOOKING AT ARTHRITIS. I can live with that. THANK GOD AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLYS. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL. IAM having my own little party today to celebrate, Iam going to eat what I want today-had put my self on a diet because I gained 30 pounds since not working.