Brain tumor

betty2
betty2 Member Posts: 91
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
Please if anyone out there has had or known anyone who has had glioblastoma or lymphoma of the brain please email me at jodnns@aol.com My son has just been diagonosed with one or the other, we want know for sure until next week.
Thanks, Betty Jones (Tex.)

Comments

• IsaiahsKeeper
    IsaiahsKeeper Member Posts: 3
    My prayers are with you and your family. I know what you are going through, my son was diagnosed back in November when he was 8 months old with a medulloblastoma brain tumor he is going through chemo and will start radiation in May. Good luck to you and your family.

IsaiahsKeeper
  • betty2
    betty2 Member Posts: 91

My prayers are with you and your family. I know what you are going through, my son was diagnosed back in November when he was 8 months old with a medulloblastoma brain tumor he is going through chemo and will start radiation in May. Good luck to you and your family.

IsaiahsKeeper

I'm so sorry about your baby sons brain cancer. our son is 48 and he has glioblastoma multiform, and that means no hope, because of where his is situated in his brain. They just gave him 3 to 6 weeks and he is coming up on 6 weeks, I think he may make it passed the 6 weeks though, He does seem to be getting weaker.All his Dad & I do is hold one another and cry, when we are not around him. He lives about 200 miles from us. He has a wife and 3 teenage children. He has good days and bad days. He is our only child. I guess We should be thankful that we had him as long as we have but that sometimes gets a little trying.
    God bless you and I pray that the chemo works.
    Betty
  • sdrg
    sdrg Member Posts: 1

IsaiahsKeeper

Our son at age 2 was diagnosed with a medulloblastoma. He is currently going thru treatment and doing well thank god. perhaps we could share experiences?
  • evergreen
    evergreen Member Posts: 1
    sdrg said:

Our son at age 2 was diagnosed with a medulloblastoma. He is currently going thru treatment and doing well thank god. perhaps we could share experiences?

hello, we hope you child will have a full recovery. we to have a son (10 years)who had his tumor removed sept.13 2004,he was completely paralized for 3 weeks, he has improved a lot but is still unable to care for himself. limited speech, leg and arm control also,its been very rough going since. has your son had radation yet,i know on young kids that radation may need to be delayed to a later time (from what we read). our son chris had 6 weeks of it, and it really has affected him. there is a new treatment that pin points when they treat near the ears (very important due to possible hearing loss)so far his hearing is slightly less than before. the chemo made him sick and the radation made his throat so sore that we had to put in a feeding tube (PEG) thru his stomach.though a lot of work for us, the PEG has been a god-sin. please feel free to share info, we are feeling overwhelmed.
  • Slocke
    Slocke Member Posts: 1
    sdrg said:

You posted in 2003. How is your son doing? I would like to find other childhood survivors of medulloblastoma. My niece was diagnosed in 1996 when she was 2. She just turned 11.