my mother was diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer

mariecontra
mariecontra Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
my mom is stage 4 and has already had one line of treatment, initally it was good news, but the tumors have grown and too make matters worse, she has superior vena cava syndrome. i have heard this is difficult to treat, is anyone else experiencing this? has anything helped? she will have her last radiaion treatment tomorrow, i wish i could be more hopeful. thank you for your time, lynn

Comments

• scprice513
    scprice513 Member Posts: 22
    Thank you for your response Marie. I'm sure there are some on this website that can provide you with some information. However, my mom has not yet started her treatment. We actually meet with the chemo. doctor today. Just continue to pray (as I have) and give your mom as much support possible. I will continue to add whatever information I learn to this website. Take care and GOD BLESS!

Sherman
  • ecw7772
    ecw7772 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Lynn,
    My name is Erinn and my mom has the exact same thing. My mother has tumors in several areas including her brain and has recently developed superior vena cava. my email address is ecw7772@aol.com. if you want I can email you everything that they have been doing for her. Her chemo and radiation treatment combined have started to reduce the swelling. I will say prayers for her, It is so hard, Im 30 and my mom is only 55. You can read her story on stage 4 and afraid of losing my mom. it helps to talk I have found. It is hard to be hopeful but you have to do it. hope this helps and if you want to email you have my address. take care, Erinn
  • mariecontra

Thank you for your response Marie. I'm sure there are some on this website that can provide you with some information. However, my mom has not yet started her treatment. We actually meet with the chemo. doctor today. Just continue to pray (as I have) and give your mom as much support possible. I will continue to add whatever information I learn to this website. Take care and GOD BLESS!

Sherman

thank you sherman. i would really appreciate any information. good luck with your mom, i will continue to support and pray. thanks again, marie's daughter, lynn
  • mariecontra
    ecw7772 said:

Hi Lynn,
    My name is Erinn and my mom has the exact same thing. My mother has tumors in several areas including her brain and has recently developed superior vena cava. my email address is ecw7772@aol.com. if you want I can email you everything that they have been doing for her. Her chemo and radiation treatment combined have started to reduce the swelling. I will say prayers for her, It is so hard, Im 30 and my mom is only 55. You can read her story on stage 4 and afraid of losing my mom. it helps to talk I have found. It is hard to be hopeful but you have to do it. hope this helps and if you want to email you have my address. take care, Erinn

hi erinn, thank you for writing. my mom has 4 tumors, but the one near her neck is the one that is pressing on the superior vena cava and causing swelling. i would love to hear what they have done for your mom..thank you for your email. lynn
  • fava
    fava Member Posts: 22
    Hi I have experience with Superior Vena Cava Syndrome....only as a caregiver though,and it's with small cell lung cancer, feel free to email me
    cfava@mc.net.....take care
  • Cynphonie
    Cynphonie Member Posts: 1
    Hello,I recently was dx 10-26 with same problem.SVCS and Non small cell carcinoma.The swelling is very bad and they are radiating me.The radiation is to shrink the tumor in order to lessen the weight against the vena cava.Im hoping it will get rid of the swelling because I don't look anything like myself at all and it is very difficult to breathe.I've had 6 radiation and have plans of 7 more.Good luck to you...we are all on your side and hoping for miracles. Cindi