awaiting biopsy results

I am 32. I have had my third abnormal pap since 1999. I was told this last one was high grade. The Dr. did a biopsy on 3 areas that he said showed abnormal. Now, I wait 2 weeks to go back and find out. I had things going on that I now realize were symptoms. I bled after my paps. I noticed an odor lately but attributed to the fact that I sometimes have small bladder accidents. Now I am having low back pain. I have to get out of bed in the mornings before I need to because my back hurt so bad. I am also running to the bathroom as if I have a bladder infection. After my colposcopy/biopsy the Dr. told me no sex for 2 weeks. But I have read elsewhere that it is only for 2-3 days. Anyone know for sure. I already waited nearly two weeks before my appointment...2 more?

Comments

• rhonda202
    rhonda202 Member Posts: 3
    Peaches4u, yes you should wait the two weeks before having sex after a colposcopy. Not only because of the biospsy procedure itself, but it sounds like you are having several other issuues as well, such as the bladder symptoms. When I was diagnosed with cervical ca in April 02, I had went to the DR. because I "thought" I had a bladder infection. Also the term "high Grade" is suspicious as well as a third abnormal pap. If I were you I would be very cautious.
  • peaches4u
    peaches4u Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. I guess I was just venting over something so petty. It is my health we are talking about here. I am waiting and hoping for the best, yet fearing the worst.
  • rhonda202
    rhonda202 Member Posts: 3
    peaches4u said:

Thanks. I guess I was just venting over something so petty. It is my health we are talking about here. I am waiting and hoping for the best, yet fearing the worst.

Believe me this is NOT PETTY. I totally understand your frustration. Keep me posted on your biopsy results. Good Luck and God Bless.
  • peaches4u
    peaches4u Member Posts: 5
    The results are in...Cin3. Dr says that isn't cancer, but pre-cancer. Have to go in for LEEP Tuesday. The thing I don't understand is about the HPV factor. That they have no way of getting rid of it so that you won't have this occur again.