Removal of Right Lung

rebenson2000
rebenson2000 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
In post op recovery after 8 weeks and not progressing. Have 8 to 10 coughing eposodes per day to try and bring up mucus stuck in the windpipe. Has anyone had a similiar experience? Can you offer any encouragement and what was done to get past this?

Comments

• I too had my right lung removed in June, 1998. I am a 4 year survivor. I was unable to return to work for nine weeks after surgery, the most difficult task was walking up a flight of stairs. Although, I had some coughing spells after surgery, there were not many episodes. ARe you using a breathing machine, has your physician given you an inhaler to use. Although everyone is different and circustances are different it depends on the condition of the remaining lung. If you have any questions, you can email me at MrMann19@aol.com
  • debbicallahan
    debbicallahan Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019 #3
    Coughing

I am almost 8 weeks post op of a right lobe removal done by VATS.   I have had violet coughing episodes since the 1st week after surgery.    My doctor has put me on Symbicort and a rescue inhaler and is pushing predisone, which I won't agree to.   This has caused severe pain in my right chest, back and diaphragm.     This coughing has also affected my appetite, and my energy level.    The pain has gotten worse as I continue to cough.    Hope they find something to help you.  debbi

• beachmama
    beachmama Member Posts: 1
    NSC Lung cancer with left lung removal

HI EVERYONE.  NEW TO THE SITE.  Was diagnosed with NSCC Lung in May  Biopsy showed very large mass lower lobe that wrapped around artery  Surgeon could not get good margins so entire lung had to be taken out.  Thank God no lymph nodes were involved   Have completed 4 months of chemo  Will have follow up scan end of January

Anyone else had pnuemonectomy  Woud you share your experience please  Still experiencing pain around incision and cant be on my feet more than about 20 minutes without pain

Please dont misunderstand  I am immensly thankful but prior to diagnosis I was a very active 62 yo grandmother  Am i expecting too much of my body  

Thanks in advance

God Bless