adenocarcinomia of cervix

I was just wondering if any one else had this type of cervical cancer? It's more rare than squamous cell cervical cancer.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• sandi27
    sandi27 Member Posts: 12
    Yes! I had adneocarcinoma of the cervix. After surgery it was found to be stage one. Have you been treated for it or are you newly diagnosed. You're right. It is rare. It was my understanding when I was researching it that it occurs mostly in women over the age of 45 and it is slow moving and highly invasive. I had it. I ended up having a hysterectomy. I did not need chemo or radiation, though. It was compact and relatively self contained in the cervix. When they removed my cervex, uterus and part of my vagina they got all of the cancer. Now the rate of recurrence is only, like, ten percent. Hope this helps you. All cases are different, though. I consider myself fairly lucky.
  • falcon1
    falcon1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I myself have dealt with this type of cancer. From what I have read and talked with doctors it is a rare form. What have you done to treat this?
  • dawn1959
    dawn1959 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm Dawn and am 43 years old. In Sep, 2000 I was diagnosed with this type of cancer. My pap smear in Nov of 1999 came back clear, but by September I was in Stage 2 already, even though they say this is a slow growing cancer. I had a radical hysterectomy and had to under go radiation treatments. I am now feeling better than I have in years. Please let me know how you are doing.
  • kaykay
    kaykay Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I was just diagnosed with this type of cancer,but i am only 33 years old. In August, I got married and we were going to try to have a child this year. I am scared witless, and feel as though I somehow cheated my husband. The first biopsy could not tell if it is invasive or in situ, so until the LEEP, we will not know what to expect. Any advice or suggestions would be incredibly helpful. I have two children under the age of 9 from a previous marriage and I am looking for encouraging words to give them.
  • LarryCaryn
    LarryCaryn Member Posts: 5
    sandi27 said:

Yes! I had adneocarcinoma of the cervix. After surgery it was found to be stage one. Have you been treated for it or are you newly diagnosed. You're right. It is rare. It was my understanding when I was researching it that it occurs mostly in women over the age of 45 and it is slow moving and highly invasive. I had it. I ended up having a hysterectomy. I did not need chemo or radiation, though. It was compact and relatively self contained in the cervix. When they removed my cervex, uterus and part of my vagina they got all of the cancer. Now the rate of recurrence is only, like, ten percent. Hope this helps you. All cases are different, though. I consider myself fairly lucky.

I am newly diagnosed with cervical cancer and it is adenocarcinoma. Cone biopsy shows 6.11 mm x 11 mm, therefore I think a stage IB? I am searching for IB, or similar, survivors to tell me about their treatment experience, results, side effects, etc. I am 51, so not worried about having additional children. I am looking for all my treatment options, so your (survivors) experience is critical. My doctor is suggesting a radical and removing everything including some 36 lymph nodes.
  • SusanW1006
    SusanW1006 Member Posts: 1
    dawn1959 said:

Hi, I'm Dawn and am 43 years old. In Sep, 2000 I was diagnosed with this type of cancer. My pap smear in Nov of 1999 came back clear, but by September I was in Stage 2 already, even though they say this is a slow growing cancer. I had a radical hysterectomy and had to under go radiation treatments. I am now feeling better than I have in years. Please let me know how you are doing.

adenocarcinoma
    I am 35yo just dx with invasive cervical adenocarcinoma. I am scheduled for radical hysterectomy but dr is not wanting to remove ovaries unless he has to. i want them out i dont care about menopause i just want to live for my children. Any advice I am scared and confused. I do my paps every year never any abnormals and now within 3 weeks of a routine exam i have cancer.

susan w
  • Sharondale
    Sharondale Member Posts: 1

adenocarcinoma
    I am 35yo just dx with invasive cervical adenocarcinoma. I am scheduled for radical hysterectomy but dr is not wanting to remove ovaries unless he has to. i want them out i dont care about menopause i just want to live for my children. Any advice I am scared and confused. I do my paps every year never any abnormals and now within 3 weeks of a routine exam i have cancer.

susan w

ADENOCARCINOMA - RADICAL HYSTERECTOMY
    HI SUSAN - I HAD A RADICAL HYSTERECTOMY IN 2003 - MUCINOUS ADENOCARCINOMA OF THE CERVIX. Took out everything possible - but I was 54 , so didn't want ovaries anyway. Hang in there. Even if the margins are clear after surgery, you might want to consider some additional treatment such as chemo to kill any wandering cells that escaped. I am on my 2nd recurrence right now (don't want to scare you more) but that might have been avoided if chemo had been offered after my first surgery.

I hope it goes well with you. Hope you have good family, friend and spiritual support during this journey.

Mine was also found during a routine pap. My Dr. was shocked - as was I.
  • merlin311
    merlin311 Member Posts: 2

HI SUSAN - I HAD A RADICAL HYSTERECTOMY IN 2003 - MUCINOUS ADENOCARCINOMA OF THE CERVIX. Took out everything possible - but I was 54 , so didn't want ovaries anyway. Hang in there. Even if the margins are clear after surgery, you might want to consider some additional treatment such as chemo to kill any wandering cells that escaped. I am on my 2nd recurrence right now (don't want to scare you more) but that might have been avoided if chemo had been offered after my first surgery.

I hope it goes well with you. Hope you have good family, friend and spiritual support during this journey.

signet cell ring adenocarcinoma glandular cervical cancer
    I have been unable to find out alot about my rare cancer, signet cell ring adenocarcinoma
    glandular type of the cervix. My doctors told me this type of cancer was found in the colon, stomach or lungs. Stage 2 with lymph node involvement, had a radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal. Pet scan was good had not spread,had upper gi series and colonoscopy done,clean as a whistle, I didn't even have a polyp.I am 51 and had no symptoms
    until I had a huge tumor and bleeding, evidently this type of cancer is hard to detect with a pap smear.
    I just finished 28 treatments of radiation with chemo (cisplatin) once a week.
    I have been sick the whole time during my treatment I couldn't have made it without my nausea pills and pain pills. The most sickness came the week after my treatment stopped!
    I have had the diarhea, gi problems the whole time, but the bladder problems have been the worst. I cry everyday, My family tries to understand but they can't, I knew cancer was tough but I didn't know how tough until I was the one who had it. Im scared everyday of my life. To everyone out there going through this, just take one day at a time, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet so live for today!!
  • KellyDMB
    KellyDMB Member Posts: 5
    merlin311 said:

signet cell ring adenocarcinoma glandular cervical cancer
    I have been unable to find out alot about my rare cancer, signet cell ring adenocarcinoma
    glandular type of the cervix. My doctors told me this type of cancer was found in the colon, stomach or lungs. Stage 2 with lymph node involvement, had a radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal. Pet scan was good had not spread,had upper gi series and colonoscopy done,clean as a whistle, I didn't even have a polyp.I am 51 and had no symptoms
    until I had a huge tumor and bleeding, evidently this type of cancer is hard to detect with a pap smear.
    I just finished 28 treatments of radiation with chemo (cisplatin) once a week.
    I have been sick the whole time during my treatment I couldn't have made it without my nausea pills and pain pills. The most sickness came the week after my treatment stopped!
    I have had the diarhea, gi problems the whole time, but the bladder problems have been the worst. I cry everyday, My family tries to understand but they can't, I knew cancer was tough but I didn't know how tough until I was the one who had it. Im scared everyday of my life. To everyone out there going through this, just take one day at a time, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet so live for today!!

How are you doing now? I had
    How are you doing now? I had Adenocarcinoma, stage 2, hyst, chemo, rad, I know how painful it was, I finidhed treatment in December. How are you feeling now?
  • gigi12
    gigi12 Member Posts: 4

question
    Hi, Sharondale, how are you doing?

I was wondering what stage you were at when the cancer was found? I know how shocking it is to find out about cancer. I'm currently going through PTSD therapy for some of the emotional issues that cropped up after diagnosis/during recovery from radical hysterectomy.

I didn't have my ovaries removed, but i was 1b. My doctors did not believe I needed further treatment. But your mention of the recurrence makes me wonder if i should have pushed for chemo.

I think it's good to be armed with knowledge! Where did the cancer recur? The HPV virus worries me, it's still in there, I assume. This is especially where I would like more answers from doctors. They are fairly vague.

I am also a journalist, so eventually I hope to write something informational for the newspaper I work for. It's taken me nine months to be in a strong enough spot emotionally to consider even looking at forums!

Hugs and positive thoughts to you!
  • gigi12

question

I was wondering what stage you were at when the cancer was found? I know how shocking it is to find out about cancer. I'm currently going through PTSD therapy for some of the emotional issues that cropped up after diagnosis/during recovery from radical hysterectomy.

I didn't have my ovaries removed, but i was 1b. My doctors did not believe I needed further treatment. But your mention of the recurrence makes me wonder if i should have pushed for chemo.

I think it's good to be armed with knowledge! Where did the cancer recur? The HPV virus worries me, it's still in there, I assume. This is especially where I would like more answers from doctors. They are fairly vague.

I am also a journalist, so eventually I hope to write something informational for the newspaper I work for. It's taken me nine months to be in a strong enough spot emotionally to consider even looking at forums!

• gigi12

question

• mariablanco
    mariablanco Member Posts: 1
    gigi12 said:

question

adenocarcinoma in the cervix
    Hello,

I was just diagnosed with this cancer and I am 40 years old with two little kids. Doctors are recommending a radical hysterectomy (leaving my ovaries). I don't know what stage I am at yet because they do not know if it is invasive or insitu. HPV virus worries me also. Trying to find out more information about how to help my body rid of this. I would appreciate any information regarding the recovery and how it went ( for the radical hysterectomy).

Thank you,

Blessing to All!
  • sarge57
    sarge57 Member Posts: 50 Member

adenocarcinoma in the cervix
    Hello,

I was just diagnosed with this cancer and I am 40 years old with two little kids. Doctors are recommending a radical hysterectomy (leaving my ovaries). I don't know what stage I am at yet because they do not know if it is invasive or insitu. HPV virus worries me also. Trying to find out more information about how to help my body rid of this. I would appreciate any information regarding the recovery and how it went ( for the radical hysterectomy).

Thank you,

Blessing to All!

Adenocarcinoma
    I wish you all the best and my prayers for a succesful recovery. My wife has this the key is what stage it is at when diagnosed, if found early success rate is pretty good.
    Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

Good Luck

John
  • kimmiehedg
    kimmiehedg Member Posts: 27
    sandi27 said:

cervical adenocarcenoma
    I too have stage 1b2 and had a radical hysterectomy in march 2012 followed by 28 sessions radiation/chemotherapy, 3 internal radation sessions and 4 taxol chemotherapty sessions. I just finished all my treatments and my scan came back all clear except for 2 smal spots in the pelvis area by where my lymph nodes were removed (28 nodes removed and 12 were positive). Spots are too small to biopsy so will have another scan in Dec to see if there was any growth. My concerns are my shorten vagina which makes sex extremely painful......does it ever get better? Also, a few weeks ago I started having what feels like vaginal discomfort like when I would get my period......a kind of throbbing/pressure in the vagina. Anyone else experience anything like this? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • Carol8787
    Carol8787 Member Posts: 1
    mucina adenocarcinoma
    Hello, I was having clear, copiuous amounts of gel-like discharge for 7 years; all paps were clear, when I asked doctors, one said "consider yourself lucky, most women have the opposite problem", one gave me pH gel to put inisde the vagina, one did an US, MRI and biopsy, after finding only 2 cysts that did not come out positive for anything she said I could do an elective hysterectomy so I went with that since I was tired of wearing Depends adult diapers at age 43. So, she calls me last week and says I have a rare type of cancer and sets me up with oncology and radation consults in two weeks!! what happened here?? talk about panic mode.