Nine years later recurrance in lung

2»

Comments

• littlex
    littlex Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi Deb I’m so sorry to hear that you may be facing another issue. If there is an issue, hopefully it can be easily resolved

You have given so many woman here support, encouragement, and compassion . We all have something in common it’s a club that none of us asked to join… but it’s good to know that we have this group that supports each other.
    I wish all of you good health. Have a wonderful weekend

• melissamowens1
    melissamowens1 Member Posts: 2 *

it’s never certain whether the cancer will return or not.

• Kim25
    Kim25 Member Posts: 22 Member

great news! Happy for you

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 388 Member

Dear Gaylecool,

I’ve been on this board for years now, but haven’t posted in a while…

I’m so sorry you are going through cancer again. A couple of things stood out to me as I read your posts and the replies of my friends here……We’re all still here!!! So, we got through it and what they say about cancer being a sometimes chronic, but treatable disease applies to all of us. Secondly, the advice of “read my profile “….makes me smile because it’s so encouraging! We all have quite different histories, and many of us have endured endless grueling treatments and indignities, but we survived!

I’ve survived 2 unrelated cancers in the last 4 years! Surgeries, chemo (Twice!), immunotherapies….fun stuff! 2020: Stage IIb Fallopian tube; 2023: Stage IIIb Lung (NSCLC). I spent 2 years worrying about the first one coming back, only to be gobsmacked with a totally new one! After that, my new mantra is “I can’t worry about it.” I’m living my life, having wonderful times, making great memories, riding my horse, and enjoying my husband and loved ones! Just like I can’t get in a car every day worrying about dying in an accident, I refuse to worry about my stupid cancers coming back! I have other things to do!

I wish you the best of luck and send my prayers.

❤️, A

• gaylecool
    gaylecool Member Posts: 11 Member

What a wonderful and supportive message! I am going to print this out and put it in my "words of comfort" wisdom book! Thank you so much.