It has been a while

Charlie1963
Charlie1963 Member Posts: 2 Member

I survived 2 rounds of chemo and weeks of daily radiation therapy. It has been a little over a year since, if memory serves.

My issue now is the near-daily pain and bleeding from fissures. My surgeon told me I could do another ostomy; only this one would be permanent. As bad as the temporary one was on my mental health, a permanent one is out of the question.

All of my health issues have taken their toll- especially in my relationship. I have been hurting for so long that I fear my partner is permanently distanced from me.

Any suggestions on dealing with this stuff? I am both angry and depressed. Meds never helped, and I have recently begun therapy.

Hopefully I will not be gone for so long in the future!

Comments

• dssdesi
    dssdesi Member Posts: 16 Member

Hello, so sorry for the issues, I can relate so well as not even a year later I have been dx with agressive stage3 Breast cancer. Some days to say I am sad is a complete understatement. I take 5mgs of lexapro daily, it helps and sometimes a gummie. My husband is good help now but it took a while and I had to see through his eyes his worries unspoken also. I would consider getting a second opinion from a rectal colon surgeon if possible, to heal fissures. Don't know if any of this is sensible to do in your case or would help. But sending you all best wishes and prayers said. Stay Strong!