Age 76, PSA level 86

Pankajbud
Pankajbud Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi All, recently I tested PSA level 86 after I did my CECT abdomen and Pelvis done due to swelling near waist area. "Moderate right hydronephrosis is seen caused by extraluminal compression of enlarged lymph nodes at iliae vessels crossing". Any one has had similar findings before they got diagnosed with Prostate cancer?

Need help regarding the possibilities of survival.

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,148 Member

Hi,

First of all I think you need to discuss your findings with your doctor to get his views on what is going on. Definitely a PSA of 86 is not good but you will only know if you have Prostate cancer if you have a biopsy of your Prostate gland. A high PSA can be caused by several different factors like BPH, urinary tract infections, ect.

Dave 3+4

• Pankajbud

Thank you for the reply. We have been scheduled for the biopsy, but as per the CECT abdomen report, the nearby Lymph nodes are seen swollen and they are putting pressure on kidney and thus urine flow is obstructed. There is water seen in kidneys due to this.

As per the doctor it's 90% sure that it's a cancer and it has reached to the Lymph nodes nearby that is why they are swollen. Just waiting for confirmation through biopsy.

Anyone had the same observation?

• Wheel
    Wheel Member Posts: 110 Member

Before heading straight to the biopsy, it should not delay matters much, but a MpMRI to look at the prostate might be helpful. Your Doctor might be fairly confident it’s cancer due to the swollen lymph nodes and PSA and feels confident a systematic prostate biopsy will find it, however there are times where these random biopsies have missed the cancer. A MpMRI should identify any specific areas of tumor where a fusion MRI directed biopsy can be sure to take multiple bites from that targeted area.

• centralPA
    centralPA Member Posts: 321 Member

Will they biopsy the lymph node too?

• Pankajbud

I am not sure about this as of now, but will definitely ask it.