Just test AI personal healthcare agent for cancer

amhmfi
amhmfi Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 17 in Prostate Cancer #1

Just tested an AI personal healthcare agent being built by this startup team from Harvard and its super cool. They've been working with cancer patients for the last year and its clear from their product features that this is built specifically for cancer patients on treatments. It allows you to input all your medications and then builds a profile of you, which gets better over time as you use it more. On the fly, it can answer questions with personalized responses but also check in on you and generates summaries for your doc. They're launching their waitlist for free early access [content deleted by CSN Support Team].

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,148 Member

Hi,

I know it’s coming but for now I will take a human doctor team over AI anytime.

Dave 3+4

• Josephg
    Josephg Member Posts: 443 Member

Fortunately or unfortunately, AI in the medical field has a long way to go. 10 years ago, IBM tried to enter the AI supported medical field with Watson, the most powerful AI computer system on the planet. For 2 years, they fed Watson with every known piece of medical data and treatment diagnoses and outcomes, and then convinced various medical institutions to give it a try. After 5 years to trying out the Watson-based AI system, the medical institutions concluded that AI did little, if anything, to improve diagnoses and outcomes versus doctors work alone. As a result, IBM canceled the initiative and withdrew from the AI supported medical field line of business.

• Marlon
    Marlon Member Posts: 85 Member

Fair point. But that sounds like it was designed to be used by doctors, not patients. People have already been using online systems like WebMD and Mayo Clinic online, in order to figure out whether they have a serious problem or not, and whether to seek medical care. With a huge uninsured and underinsured population, people are reluctant to seek medical care or cant even get timely appointments, and thus AI might be a useful tool for the overall population. Not saying Im in favor of it, but I and just about everybody I know has looked up symptoms for a possible diagnosis of a problem.

• amhmfi
    amhmfi Member Posts: 3 Member

Yes, this was designed to be used by patients. It felt like a personalized and more efficient Dr Google that already had context about me and what medication i was asking about.

• red_2315
    red_2315 Member Posts: 1 *

How do I sign up on their waitlist?

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,467 Member

Perhaps as an aside, I have tried to use AI from Microsoft (CoPilot) on a few questions raised on this forum and gotten surprisingly good responses.