Hemoglobin Level

nordgrenda
nordgrenda Member Posts: 4 Member
edited June 27 in Ovarian Cancer #1

My biopsy isn't scheduled until July 11. Last week, I was in the hospital getting two blood transfusions. Yesterday, I passed 8 large blood clots within a two hour time frame. Today, I am so weak. Do you think it could of lowered my hemoglobin level or am I just tired from the pain yesterday?

I don't want any additional expense if it's nothing.

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 1,010 Member

Hi, I will chime in. Do you mean you had two units of blood? And when you say large clots do you mean they would total a cup of blood? Hopefully your biopsy will be normal and they can diagnose the cause of the bleeding. Did you have low hemoglobin before the transfusion? Did you have vaginal bleeding before the transfusion? I hope you are feeling better.

• nordgrenda

Thank you for responding. It was two bags of blood. I have been bleeding since September. In December, an ultrasound showed a mass in the uterus. I didn't have insurance until May, that's when they ordered an MRI of the pelvic. Now it has spread to my ovaries. I'm waiting for the biopsy on the 11th.

• Forherself
    edited June 30 #4

Are you feeling more or less tired today. If you are more tired or the same I would call your doctors office. Let them know. Maybe they can move up the biopsy to earlier. Good luck. You didn't mention if the clots would make one cup of blood, or more, or less. Yes it could lower your hemoglobin, but you don't know how much until it is checked again.

• nordgrenda

Thank you for responding. I had my blood checked on Friday and it dropped to 8.7. Since it was the weekend the doctor didn't have a chance to read it.

I do believe it was a cup. Each clot was almost half of my pad. I'm a little dizzy today. I was in so much pain on Friday because I had to walk a lot to the appointment and pharmacy. Luckily, the norco is helping.

• Forherself

Well that doesn't sound good. I understand not wanting to get extra care, but I hope you are seen as soon as possible.