Input on Orgovyx + Zytiga

bdhilton
bdhilton Member Posts: 866 Member
edited June 12 in Prostate Cancer #1

Hi All....I'm looking for info and advise from folks that have used Orgovyx + Zytiga. I'm probably going to be on it for about 48 weeks or so in the near term...as I await other treatments...

Thank you,

BD

Comments

• Steve1961
    Steve1961 Member Posts: 605 Member

what other treatments are yiu waiting for that woukd take that long

• bdhilton

Steve1961...My PSA was 2.4 a month ago (post surgery, lupron, salvage rad, lupron, SBRT, etc...) So, ADT, biopsy - then possible surgical removeable and/or radiating a lymph node behind my bladder. I've had a number of procedures the last 16 years or so...I'm interested in other's experiences with Orgovyx + Zytiga...

Best

• CRW1975
    CRW1975 Member Posts: 1 *

Is this the drug used for hormone therapy? My psa is 109 and my biopsy had 10 3+4, 2 4+3 and 1 4+4 looks like my cancer has spread and so hormone therapy is suggested for 24 months,still waiting on a MRI and Pet scan

• bdhilton

It appears, that I will not be using this cocktail this go around...My medical team have come to the consensus that I now undergo a surgical biopsy, in the near term. If cancer is present (and it appears it is), then brachytherapy and skip ADT.

The change in treatment plans are due to my most resent PSMA, confirming the high probability of cancer behind my bladder and the high probability of access for spot radiation …

All the best

• bdhilton

CRW1975...I know very little about ADT treatments except there are choices and different combinations. You'll know a lot more after your MRI and PET scan....

All the best