Issues and care years after treatment ??

katiedemarley
katiedemarley Member Posts: 2 *

Hello

I had Hodgkins back in 2008 and 2012. I was treated with AVBD and ICE and an auto SCT. I also had rituximab in 2008 (study) and in 2019 for what was likely an autoimmune disease ITP or maybe B cell lymphoma. I’m sure there is a case study on that one somewhere. Never had radiation treatment.

Since 2020 I have been experiencing more and more random dermatological issues. Itchy skin after sun exposure a few times a year, random rashes on my arms, hands, neck and chest. Has anyone else developed long term or delayed skin issues after chemo or mabs? I’m curious if it’s a long term side effect or a new issue with my immune system! Doctors rule out recurrence and RX steroids. But I’d like to figure out what is happening and why.

I am also curious what if any hormone replacement therapy you have been RXed after early menopause. Did it help prevent osteoporosis? Side effects?

I have some mild neuropathy, fatigue and memory issues that never went completely away but have otherwise been doing well post treatment. Besides the standard anxiety that comes with almost dying a few times in my twenties.

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,499 Member

Sorry to hear of this. Are you on any immune suppressant drugs or antibiotics? As to your skin, sulfa antibiotics can cause skin sensitivity to sun. Have you have recent blood work done?