Anyone have any recent info on this?

ShadyGuy
ShadyGuy Member Posts: 920 Member

I have seen this mentioned off and on for at least 10 years. Just wondering if anyone has been in trials for this therapy or discussed it with their treatment team.

Epub 2023 Jan 26.

Targeted Lymphoma Therapy Using a Gold Nanoframework-Based Drug Delivery System

Manpreet Bariana 1, Beilu Zhang 2, Jingyu Sun 2, Weiwei Wang 3, Jinping Wang 3, Elena Cassella 1, Faith Myint 1, Shaina A Anuncio 1, Samedy Ouk 4, Hsiou-Chi Liou 4, Ming Tan 5, Hongjun Wang 2 3 6, Johannes L Zakrzewski 1 7 8

Affiliations expand

PMID: 36701696 PMCID: PMC9911369 (available on 2024-02-08)DOI: 10.1021/acsami.2c17214

Abstract

Precision nanomedicine can be employed as an alternative to chemo- or radiotherapy to overcome challenges associated with the often narrow therapeutic window of traditional treatment approaches, while safely inducing effective, targeted antitumor responses. Herein, we report the formulation of a therapeutic nanocomposite comprising a hyaluronic acid (HA)-coated gold nanoframework (AuNF) delivery system and encapsulated IT848, a small molecule with potent antilymphoma and -myeloma properties that targets the transcriptional activity of nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB). The porous AuNFs fabricated via a liposome-templated approach were loaded with IT848 and surface-functionalized with HA to formulate the nanotherapeutics that were able to efficiently deliver the payload with high specificity to myeloma and lymphoma cell lines in vitro. In vivo studies characterized biodistribution, pharmacokinetics, and safety of HA-AuNFs, and we demonstrated superior efficacy of HA-AuNF-formulated IT848 vs free IT848 in lymphoma mouse models. Both in vitro and in vivo results affirm that the AuNF system can be adopted for targeted cancer therapy, improving the drug safety profile, and enhancing its efficacy with minimal dosing. HA-AuNF-formulated IT848 therefore has strong potential for clinical translation.

Keywords: CD44; gold nanoparticles; hyaluronic acid; lymphoma; nuclear factor-κB inhibitor; targeted drug delivery.

Comments

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 920 Member

I knew that when I was diagnosed with lymphoma, my HDL cholesterol increased dramatically. That is because HDL cholesterol is the raw material used when lymphocytes clone themselves. Here is an article in of all places IEEE Spectrum on the subject. Apparently lymphoma cells can be tricked into using gold instead of cholesterol for cloning, resulting in death of the cell. At $2k per ounce gold costs a tiny fraction of the major cancer drugs. Interesting. Wish there was a trial!

https://spectrum.ieee.org/gold-nanoparticles-offer-nontoxic-treatment-for-eradicating-lymphoma