Very confused

Ok, this may be a little long but I need to explain. I was diagnosed with Triple Negative however my oncologist could not find a definitive location that the lump nodes that were cancer came from the breast. I said that it is most likely. I went through chemo and the lumps swelling went down drastically. Oncologist wanted me to get a mastectomy however the surgeon disagreed. He told me he would speak to my oncologist before surgery. Well he didn't do the mastectomy and never actually spoke to my oncologist about it. The pathology report came back normal. Now new oncologist and he said I was short changed by my old Drs and most likely will be getting a mastectomy and radiation. I am devastated. Is this a law suit?

Comments

• RocDocVic
    RocDocVic Member Posts: 122 Member

No spread into lymph nodes? Biopsies taken? Lumpectomy performed? Clear margins? What were you told by surgeon? Mastectomy plus rad?? I'd consider contacting attorney who specializes in cancer. Sounds like they all screwed up.

• RocDocVic
    RocDocVic Member Posts: 122 Member

Sounds like you need a good MRI and 3D tomography of the breast and lymph nodes. Insist on this at a minimum before any surgery. If they balk tell them you may be in touch with attorney.

• icandothis4sure
    icandothis4sure Member Posts: 2 *

I just had my first appointment with a new oncologist. He is the one who told me he believes I didn't get the greatest care. He said I was "short changed"

To answer some of your questions, a biopsy was done when I went to the ER regarding a lump in my armpit. I was told it was cancer in the lymph nodes. I did have MRI, PET scan, colonoscopy stomach scope and they said that they cannot confirm where the cancer started from. This new doc put in a STAT PET scan, a referral to a breast surgeon and a referral for radiation. I am awaiting those authorizations.