I want to die

I’m sorry this is my first time. I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last year. I was told to do chemo every 2 weeks until it stopped working but after a year I couldn’t take it and have recently stopped chemo. I made that decision but 3 weeks ago I tried to overdose on painkillers and I don’t know how to get back to normal. Please someone help

Comments

• hopefuldreams
    hopefuldreams Member Posts: 11 Member

Hey,

No need to be sorry my friend what you are going through is incredibly difficult. I am in the same boat as you diagnosed last year told chemo until either it stops working or I get a clean scan.

I will tell you I can relate to being overwhelmed and feeling hopeless. My advice is kind of difficult to hear because it isn't a quick fix and takes quite a bit of effort/time which I know will be hard to muster with everything you are dealing with.

Here is my best advice which you most likely have heard. First, make sure you are seeing a therapist weekly. If you have financial hurdles talk to your doctor or nurse navigator at your cancer center. I finally learned therapy isn't just showing up, you need to find a therapist you like and can build a relationship with. You will also need to do a lot of introspection which can really hurt/bring up hard emotions. It takes work and time but it will help. Also be careful with painkillers/anxiety meds they can impact your overall mood quite a bit.

I am truly sorry you gotta go through this it isn't fair and it is difficulty level 10. I am here for you though if you want a friend to talk to I can send you my phone number or email and we can chat as much as you like.

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 219

Hello Eddiethamd,

We will send you a message with some resources that may be helpful. We're here if you have any questions or need anything else.

Best,

The CSN Support Team