Possible recurring??? Signatera question

hopes2023
hopes2023 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hi everyone, I have been reading your posts seen last year but this is my 1st post. My background...I'm 47. I was diagnosed with right colon cancer with stage 3b last September 2022.

CEA pre surgery was 46.

CEA post surgery was 18.

I was on Oxiila and 5 FU for 12 rounds. My last chemo was on March 2023.

CEA went down to 4 after the last chemo in March. I'm still dealing with side effects, neuropathy in hands and feet.

CT and PET scans were clear.

I started on every 3 month surveillance blood work. My Onc added Signatera test. My first test in June was negative. CEA in June went up to 6. My onc said not to worry about CEA increase as any changes or implementation could impact CEA. On September blood work CEA jumped to 25 and My Signatera result was Positive below analytical range.. My Oncology wasn’t happy with the Signatera result and oreded a CT scan for me. The result came back clean. I'm waiting for a PET scan in two weeks. My onc ordered another Signatera test and Guardant 360 test. I'm waiting for result right now. I'm really worried of recurring.

My question is has anyone used Signatera and got result "positive below analytical range'? Has anyone used Guardant 360. How is your experience with these tests? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Helen

Comments

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 719 Member

OK, first things first.

What did path report tell you?

How long after surgery was the CEA of 18 taken and was it the first one?

You need a second opinion onc pronto. Your onc is not working for your best interest if he is letting all this slide and say "don't worry"

• hopes2023
    hopes2023 Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank you SnapDragon2! Yes, I'm thinking of getting 2nd opinion now. I looked at my oldrecord and my CEA after surgery and before first chemo was 9. Then its trending up after 3 rounds of chemo and CEA was 18. Then I had CT and PET scans and my Onc confirmed its inflammation. Then after that its trending down and by the time I finished with last chemo in March my CEA was 4. June, CEA went up to 6 and September CEA went up to 25. I'm waiting for PET scan appt and signatera test result to come back. The waiting is horrible.