Sore muscle opposite side of kidney with tumor removed.

chris432023
chris432023 Member Posts: 1 Member

So I had my left kidney removed on july 5th, I’m just about 6 weeks post surgery and the right side of my back is sore and has been sore since the surgery. Has anyone else experienced this? I did mention it to my oncologist, but he didn’t say anything about it. I have told my surgeon too and I am waiting a response. I’m supposed to start immunotherapy in September

Comments

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member

Firstly, congrats on getting through your surgery!

As for the soreness, it's hard to say. In my experience after surgery, every phantom pain or soreness would worry me. Chances are it's just a normal part of your body healing, but hopefully your doctor will have some insight/suggestions.

As FoxHD used to tell us that all aches and pains are only reminders to take care of ourselves.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 620 Member

Hi Chris, I also congratulate you on your surgery recovery and getting that tumor out of your body. Like eug91 said, there are a lot of worrisome pains and twinge after surgery. I hope your surgeon will have some answers for you. Please keep us posted on your progress. All the best as you start immunotherapy soon.

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 242 Member

Hi Chris, Yes, I certainly had this. I had a partial nephrectomy on my right kidney, but the left side would hurt as well. And there is no kidney on that side, from birth... Anxiety with every twinge and pain - for a long time. But as always - check it out and keep asking questions. Walking, a morning stretching routine, and lots of water have been important for me. It's been seven years and I still get vague pulls and pangs. Yesterday it was my scar being itchy. Try to be patient with the healing and take care ~