Keytruda

RER3877
RER3877 Member Posts: 15 Member
edited August 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1

Just ready for my 21st immunotherapy with Keytruda. Interested if other folks have been down this road and what type of side effects they might have experienced. Fatigue and shortness of breath are now getting a bit worse for me. What's the expected duration of Keytruda treatments with prostate cancer? Appreciate any comments - thanks.

Comments

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,467 Member

Is it 'working'?

I have read that Keytruda by itself hasn't been successful for prostate cancer, but I would be super happy if you got a benefit. Could you please give details about your case?

PS: my reading on this topic has been very superficial!

• eonore
    eonore Member Posts: 183 Member

Is the Keytruda being administered as part of a clinical trial? I wasn’t aware that is was being prescribed.

Eric

• RER3877

Not a trial but I have some unique biomarkers that made me a candidate for Keytruda - I don't think it's widely used for prostate cancer.

• RER3877

My bio has more details on how I got here. Keytruda along with periodic lupron and xgeva shots seem to be working. Testosterone is less than 1 (really low) and PSA is 14 which is good for me - down from 100+. A recent PSMA Pet Scan indicates that things are "stable" - not shrinking and not spreading. It's a bit more complicated but that's the bottom line. I'd like to hear from other folks using Keytruda - I know it's not widely used - yet.

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,467 Member

Thanks for that background info. You have gone through a lot!

For those that are interested (from the Keytruda website):

Everyone’s cancer is different. To help develop a treatment plan that’s right for you, your doctor may order biomarker tests. These tests can measure your tumor for different biomarkers, including biomarkers known as MSI-H or dMMR and another biomarker called PD-L1. Biomarker tests may be used to help predict your response to certain treatments, such as KEYTRUDA.

PS: Your fatigue may well be due, at least partially, to the Lupron (low testosterone). Keep exercising as much as possible is the usual recommendation.