new here was diagnosed with very aggressive pc Dec. 2022

Bill9716
Bill9716 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1

My biopsy showed 12 of 12 positive 5x4's and 4x3's a very high 9. I'm 78 and went with radiation 44 treatments with hormone injection every 3 months plus hormone tablet everyday. I know y'all are in the same boat but I guess my question is when will I start to feel the effects of the cancer? Im a born again christian with Jesus in my heart so I'm not fearful of death besides at 78 I've already lived a very blessed life. I'll be watching for any response thanks Bill

Comments

• eonore
    eonore Member Posts: 183 Member

Hey Bill,

Let’s hope that your treatment was successful, and that you never feel any effects from the cancer. Usually, prostate cancer has to be very far along before effects are felt. Side effects from treatment are the more likely effects to deal with.

Eric

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,467 Member

Eric hit the nail on the head.

• Bill9716

Thanks for the help I'm trying to understand this thing. Im still wondering why they call it "very aggressive "when it doesn't seem any different than normal pc. My Gleeson score was 9 and stage 3+ so maybe the radiation zaped it.

thanks again and your all in my prayers

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,467 Member

Gleason 9 cancer has a greater chance of metastasizing and your prostate had a lot of that type of cancer. Hence, the use of the term 'very aggressive'. But since you have already been treated, I wouldn't obsess about the choice of words.

• RER3877
    RER3877 Member Posts: 15 Member

Bill - new to the forum and just ran across your post - hope you're doing well. We are on similar paths - my Gleason was 9 and PSA was over 100 in Jan 2017 - did the radiation journey, pills, etc, etc. And while the term "very aggressive" is frequently used by my Dr. team, surprisingly, I'm still here. I'm also 78 and I think you just have to take it a day at a time - enjoy life each day and appreciate the good things you've experienced.

• Bill9716

Thanks for the post I'm thinking I'll be doing the same just live each day and thank the Lord for it