Interesting article about Endometrial cancer and Older women

sm012023
sm012023 Member Posts: 28 Member

Treatment of Older Women With Endometrial Cancer: Improving Outcomes With Personalized Care | American Society of Clinical Oncology Educational Book

https://ascopubs.org/doi/10.1200/EDBK_158668?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%20%200pubmed 

Comments

• sm012023

In this article, they are talking about tumor biology and clinicopathological features as being 2 important aspects of teh cancer diagnosis. Wonder what they mean and how we can get info about these ?

Thanks

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited March 2023 #3

this looks like it was originally published in 2016 and a lot has been going on (but more to do!) genetic testing is going to be the next thing that needs to be done to help with treatment. We have all heard about PD-L1 inhibitors for the Keytruda commercials for lung cancer, and now with mismatch repair there seems to be a response with some of the immunotherapies.

There was a recent meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) in Tampa, FL where some trials have been discussed. Below is an article on a study that was shared with the group:

• sm012023

Wow that's cool. Will look into this. Thank you

• sm012023

Looks like one of the conditions to be part of this trial is that the patient should not have had prior chemotherapy? :(

• NoTimeForCancer

What you are finding is you must be your mother's advocate. People will try to push you in to a direction they think, ask and ask and ask. Some warriors are lucky enough to have doctors willing to help them find opportunities and some happy to help guide you to what you want.

It is always the patients choice. There are things out there and ask you will help you find things.

• sm012023

So very true. Yes I am trying very hard to find a doctor who can help my mother now.

When I say second opinion to the new group/team, I don't understand why the new doctor that I choose would want to look at the opinion of the first? And that's where I stand now - where the new doctor's office folks are telling me that the original onco has said no more treatment.

Catch 22!! Sad

• NoTimeForCancer

Maybe another person will reply but I do think a doctor giving a second opinion would look at the first doctor information. It will have the diagnosis and all test results and they would/should base their decision off of that information.

I apologize in advance, these next be difficult questions you don't have to answer. Are you willing to share where you live? what does you mother want to do? Have you asked them why they are saying this to you - it might not be about just the falling.