Breast Cancer and Nail Changes

krhoffner
krhoffner Member Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

I am wondering about changes any of you may have had to your fingernails or toenails.

Today I notice a very faint vertical line on one fingernail and then went to check my toenails and I have just one toenail that is almost completely black. I hadn't till now noticed anything with my nails but haven't really been looking. I know the bottom of my feet have been extremely dry and cracked.

Has anyone dealt with this? Is it weird that only one toenail is affected? Should I be concerned about something else? Does that mean that maybe I will be losing that toenail?

I finished my 4th dose and final dose of Docetaxel (Taxotere) and Cyclophosphamide at the end of Jan. Started radiation last week and have had 4 treatments thus far.

Any help would be much appreciated. This was really concerning for me as I thought all or none would be affected.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JK_Jake
    JK_Jake Member Posts: 3 Member

TC for me too. i had ~ 8 dark very thin lines spread across on my fingernails - worth letting your oncologist / PCP check them out. they are called Splinter hemorrhages (don't panic) my PCP had me do an echocardiogram. Sorry don't know about losing nails - my lines grew out over time.