Peritoneal carcinomatosis

Kat99
Kat99 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2023 in Peritoneal Cancer #1

I have PC, and have had 2 surgies and countless chemo. Chemo before HIPEC surgery and after, still showing signs of cancer via blood tests, HIPEC surgery completed 10 months ago and they also reconnected my colon, removed spleen, gallbladder, ovaries, uterus, and scraped diaphragm 💙

on FU chemo and MVASI, anyone heard of this and experienced what I have?

Comments

• Jaeatloz
    Jaeatloz Member Posts: 8 Member

Have not had hipec. I had 4 rounds of 2 chemos, surgery to remove omentum and kill any live cells, followed by 4 more rounds of chemo. That took me to 7-22. Tried to take rubraca but could not tolerate and ca-125 rose from 36 to 174. On December 12, started on Doxcil and Avastin. Have combo monthly, with just Avastin every 2 weeks, to continue thru Feb, Mar, Apr. based on labs. Will see what blood work says on Thursday to determine if get treatment.

• femjb35
    femjb35 Member Posts: 2 Member

My brother has PC. He endured the 11 hour surgery, with the chemo bath. That was in November of 21. He has not been able to eat since. All nutrition comes from an IV, as well as hydration. Still having to endure chemotherapy biweekly. With all of the cutting and sewing back together of the intestines, nothing can get through… so if he eats, he gets extremely nauseous and throws up. He’s a trooper. He was a healthy marathon runner before this happened. He opted to go back to work a year after the surgery. It is proving to be too much for him, he wants to quit, but doesn’t know how to navigate not working, how to pay for medical insurance and bills. What does a person do when they get to this point? Who can he reach out to for help?

w

• Kat99
    Kat99 Member Posts: 2 Member

So sorry to hear about your brother’s problems. I have been blessed, and can eat, but have to watch what I eat or risk diarrhea, which is a major problem, and tiredness. I am retired, so that helps as I don’t think I could go back to work after the surgery and being so tired . Still on chemo and probably will for life, as cancer is still around! The only thing I can think of is got your brother to look into disability, as he seems to be a good candidate for that . Contact Social Security to see. Hope and pray he finds answers 💙

• femjb35
    femjb35 Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank you, sounds like a good place to start. Like you, he is tired...and exhausted after work. He will be on chemo for the rest of his life as well. Thank you again for your response, take care.

• Jaeatloz
    Jaeatloz Member Posts: 8 Member

Kat99 I think 5fu is a chemo that has just recently started being used for pc. MVASI is monoclonal antibody same as Avastin. I started treatment in Nov 21. Had 8 rounds of chemo with surgery in the middle - Have lost count of treatments since. Just know there have been 4 different combos. My organs have not been involved, has it metastisized

It was all my peritoneum and omentum, which was removed. My blood work is good, except for ca-125 which is over 1200 and rising every week. ??? My rbc's are 370s. I am now on cytoxan and avastin every three weeks. My side effects from most other treatment has been unmanageable.