Worried about metastasis

Options
BC22
BC22 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi, currently stage 1 IDC and just completed neo-adjuvant chemo and bi-lateral mastectomy. I just had a CT and MRI that found a lesion on my liver. It appears that the chemo was effective in my breast (no signs of it on MRI, still waiting on surgery pathology) but I’m terrified. I have to get a biopsy.

Has anyone gone through something similar and had good news? I’m so scared.

Comments

• mimi5000
    mimi5000 Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hi

I've come back to your post a few times to see if there was feedback by others since I don't have this same experience. I just want you to know that I'm thinking about you and praying that you had good news from the biopsy. The future is uncertain for us all and can be frightening. Stay hopeful and encouraged by those who love you.

hugs

mimi

• schopen
    schopen Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I too am worried about metastasis. Had DCIS IN 2018. Now feel lump in underarm. I go in Monday for mammogram and am so scared that it has spread. I had grade 3, and comedo type DCIS, but everywhere I have read recurrence has a very low percent of returning. Have I been misled? I'm just shocked about the possibility. People tell me not to worry until I get results...how do I prepare for the worse, but expect the best?

• Truckincrazy1
    Truckincrazy1 Member Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I found a lump in my armpit after 22 Rads, it was a seroma cyst, which is water filled. I was told it would be absorbed by the body. It didn't bother me. I went to new Breast Surgeon and she offered to drain it. It was drained and no cancer. We can't expect the worse. But I can understand how hard it is to shut off the brain.

• BC22
    Options

Hi Mimi!

Thank you so much for your prayers. Thanks be to God, everything turned out ok. I am so thankful!

• BC22
    Options

Fear of the unknown and waiting for results is mental torture. I pray that the lump is benign and that it’s nothing to worry about. God bless you.

• mimi5000
    Options

So grateful and happy to hear the good news!!

• schopen
    Options

The radiolist said it was scar tissue - a huge relief. Thanks for your comments.

• schopen
    Options

Thanks for your comment. I found out it is scar tissue. Quite a relief!

• Faith Helen
    Faith Helen Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm going though something similar right now. I had a lumpectomy and radiation in 2016 on my right breast, I was like a stage 1b ...anyway fast forward to early 2022, I get a CT and bone scan due to weird chest pain and a 8mm pulmonary nodule is found, get a PET, all good but need another CT in a year. Just had the CT and after a week of anxiety, hear the nodule is the same if not smaller BUT they found two, small "low attentuated" lesions on my liver. I feel like I'm losing it. It's hard to stay sane when I feel like I'm on this roller-coaster between fear and relief. :( I realize I have to talk to people more about this (and I've asked my PCP for a sedative to take the edge off) I hear more and more liver lesions are being found, many/most are benign. Hugs to you as you wait, you are not alone!

• mimi5000
    Options

Hi Faith Helen,

I had a lumpectomy and radiation in 2005 and 2022. Waiting for test results is scary. I know how that can affect your mind, body and outlook - the fear and relief roller-coaster. Support really helps I found this time around. Please take good care of yourself and keep us posted. We care!

Hugs,

mimi