Dual primaries within 5 months

marigold1330
marigold1330 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2022 in Rare and Other Cancers #1

Diag with breast invasive duct carcinoma in June and uterine cancer Nov 16 th treatment and staging for the later not known as it is very recent. If anyone has experienced this I’d be interested in hearing about your approach with two oncologists treatment and the process. I’m still pretty gobsmacked about this. If you have thoughts and experience to share please do. Thank you.

Comments

• PTENCancerWarrior8
    PTENCancerWarrior8 Member Posts: 3 *

Hi Marigold,

Have you spoken with a geneticist yet? I was diagnosed with IDC and invasive lobular carcinoma in May 2021. I have been in remission for a year and was just told I likely have rectal cancer yesterday after going through my first colonoscopy. My genetic testing revealed I have a mutation of the PTEN gene, which makes you more likely to get breast cancer, uterine cancer, colorectal cancer, kidney cancer, thyroid cancer, and melanoma. Might be worth looking into. I beat the bc and feel strong about beating the rectal too. Hang in there and consider getting the genetic testing done if you have not already.

Best wishes!

• marigold1330
    marigold1330 Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks so much for responding. I’m sorry to hear about your second diagnosis. I have asked I was told they were going to check for Lynch. I will follow up. Thank you for the smart advise. Be well

• PTENCancerWarrior8
    PTENCancerWarrior8 Member Posts: 3 *

Thanks Marigold! Feel free to check in any time! Having a support system, even if part of it is online, has been extremely helpful for me throughout the process.

Sending you lots of positive energy!