Multiple Myeloma Tests

Southerngal77
Southerngal77 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2022 in Multiple Myeloma #1

Hi everyone...just joined and had a few questions. I am in the process of being tested for MM and am finding myself easily confused. I did a 24 hour urine collection the other day and the results were 14 mg/dl of total protein and reference said less than 15 is normal. My Beta 2 Microglobulin  Serum is 2.3 mg/l...reference is 0.6 mg/l - 2.4mg/l. No M protein noted. Creatinine and GFR are slightly abnormal and potassium and vitamin D are low. I am fatigued, itch with no rash, bruise easily, back pain and rib pain on and off. I am waiting to see if doctor recommends a bone marrow biopsy. I am a 65 year old female. What do you think? 

Comments

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Multiple Myeloma testing

I am responding from the Uterine Cancer Board. Most of your tests are kidney function related. Vitamin D tests are indicator of inflammation in your body. Have you checked the web for common symptoms of multiple myeloma?  Have you been told that you are being assessed for MM?  Low vitamin D is common and many people take over the counter Vitamin D year round. Your rib and back pain can be associated with kidney or bladder infection. Hope you find answers soon!

Lori

• BearattheBeach
    BearattheBeach Member Posts: 4 Member

Drink lots of water the test is a throw away if your dehydrated this illness is driven by dehydration