Rising PSA After A Long Journey

JimSchlemmer Member Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2022 in Prostate Cancer #1


  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,168 Member

    I admire your (mostly) do-it-yourself approach, but (and I hate to write this) your urologist should have intervened quite some time ago (~2016) once your PSA started to rise.

    Please contact a medical oncologist to guide you from now on. Your urologist is 'out of his league' for the problem that you described. Not just any medical oncologist, but one that has experience treating advanced prostate cancer patients. Or seek advice at an NCI center of excellence. NCI-Designated Cancer Centers - NCI

  • JimSchlemmer
    JimSchlemmer Member Posts: 2 Member

    Thanks for the input. I've been thinking that I'm going to have to do a search for a medical oncologist with a specialty in prostate cancer, so thanks for that reference. What do you reckon should have been tried back in 2016?