Blood work for Ovarian cancer.

charlize22
charlize22 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1

I had low sodium of 28 in my blood work. The normal is 37. Based on the other blood work the doctor told me I was drinking to much water but low sodium is a sign of dehydration. Also they tell you to drink water to get the chemicals out of our system. My bun/creatinine ratio was very high. 10 points above the normal range. Can anyone explain this to me? thank you

Comments

• Loo2590
    Loo2590 Member Posts: 20 Member

Could be the water is just going thru you. I'm a chip fanatic so I get my salt. Maybe try that or lemon with water. Or adding sport drinks ? I have heard that drinking too much can make you dehydrated which makes no sense so thats the only thing I can figure since sodium helps you retain water

• charlize22

thanks for answering. Water does just seem to go through me. I am trying to add salt to everything and eat high sodium items. the nurse told me to eat chips and it constipated me! what does lemon in water do? Thanks

• Loo2590

Thats crazy chips constipated you. You really need to use the immodium and the colax everyday. The pain pills and the chemo both cause constipation so you got to stay ahead it.

Lemon has a little sodium and vitamin c. I think it just helps with retention. Not lemon water all the time but mix it up so the water isn't going straight thru you.

How you feeling now after chemo? How long has it been since your last dose?

• charlize22

I have Chemo coming up Tomorrow ( Tuesday) so Blood work today. People tell me to drink Gatorade ( hate the stuff) but suppose to have lost of sodium in and to just sip it.

• Loo2590

Totally understand the Gatorade thing. Same goes for pedilyte. They use that fake sugar which is awful.

Good luck tomorrow

• charlize22

Thank you!

• TBullwinkle
    TBullwinkle Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi there! I drink Gatorade, Pedialyte and Nunn. I, too, was drinking too much water. It went straight thru me! Don't drink a large glass of water all at once. Sip it over time so your body has a chance to absorb it. I know Gatorade and the others taste awful, but mix them with half seltzer water or 7 up. It helps a little!

Take those laxatives! While I hate them, the are a necessary part of chemo recovery!

Good luck!

• PepeOrlando
    PepeOrlando Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi

Do not drink any drinks that have added sugar whatever you do! Maybe find an electrolyte drink mix that does not have sugar. There are plenty of them. Keep a mason jar with water and a squeeze of lemon and maybe with some electrolyte sugar free mix with you and sip it throughout the day. Sugar puts the gas on cancer. Plus it's really poison for our body. Yes....poison. Try to stay away from super processed drinks like....Gatorade etc... Always check for sugar. You do not want to spike your glycemic index at all.

Most allopathic nurses and doctors know nothing about diet. It's pathetic, but true. Honestly, I wouldn't listen to them about diet. I was Keto for years, now I just keep the carbs low, but now so incredibly strict as Keto. Why did I stop, too long to go into.

Unfortunately I've been at this since Jan of 2018. BUT.......I'm on immunotherapy now and it's a game changer. It's absolutely working. Did chemo....never again.

• larcon3922
    larcon3922 Member Posts: 29 Member

Hi PepeOrlando, would you please be kind enough to share your diet? I am praying that I won’t have to do another round of chemo. The first round was so hard on my body, I lost 20 lbs and monitoring my weight. I am at a healthy weight now. I really, really want to eat the way you described but just don’t know how. Thank you and Good bless. Your testimony is awesome and very encouraging.

• larcon3922
    larcon3922 Member Posts: 29 Member

I also forgot to share that my latest lab work shows that my glucose level spiked to 120 and that is rare for me, which coincidentally my CA125 also jumped from 9. ( I think, can’t remember) to 40. The more I read up on sugar and CA125, the more I’m convinced now that sugar has to be cut off from my diet. Thank you all for your valuable input. God bless💕

• PepeOrlando
    PepeOrlando Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi,

I will be more than happy to tell you everything I am doing. I am having a friend over for lunch today, so I will just start with two things that I think is a good start and will finish up later today. First and absolutely the most important! I want to say this too....I am a research FANATIC!! Before covid I even went into medical libraries not just Google Scholar! I have done everything to save my life!

The MOST important thing is this. BUILD YOUR MICROBIOME!!!! And I mean every single day! This is the way to do it. Every time you go to the market choose different ORGANIC ONLY fruits and vegetables....change it up! Keep the fruit low. Berries are the best...blueberries, strawberries, raspberries etc... Look at a chart of how much sugar is in fruit. Use your judgement. A wide diversity of plants in your diet truly helps your gut microbiome. The gut microbiome is 80% of our immune system. It is where 90% of our serotonin is made for brain health! Start to research this. They are finding new data on this constantly. Next....eat sauerkraut, fermented other veggies...cauliflower, carrots, onions, jicama, green beans etc...eat NO ADDED sugared yogurts, Kefir (has more strains than yogurt) these both have some natural sugar.....just don't eat a ton a day. Do not drink Kombucha with added sugar. Impossible to find. You need sugar to ferment it i was told. Some small farms make a gut probiotic tonic that is a good thing. No sugar. I cannot stress the importance of this. The chemotherapeutic drugs strip of us of our friendly microbes that is our IMMUNE SYSTEM!!! That is why chemo is stupid to me. Nothing is more powerful than our own immune system! It's nature.Also, I use only toothpaste and mouthwash that keeps my oral microbiome really healthy. That is important as well. One drug I'm on gives horrible mouth sores....not me! Not once and I've been on it 5 months. I let kefir sit in my mouth as long as I can.

Ok...I have to go, but I will finish later today. It's after 11 now and my friend shows up soon.

https://www.potomacpsychiatry.com/blog/holobiont-microbiome-part-1

https://microbiomejournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40168-019-0619-4

Here's to get you started. I have a very refined diet as well. I will fill that in later.

jani