11 Years Post Brain Cancer STILL having Heat Intolerance problems (concerned as Summer approaches)

VictoriaRose2822
VictoriaRose2822 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Brain Cancer #1

I am an 11 yr Medulloblastoma Brain Cancer Survivor and I was just wondering if anyone else feels the way I do in the hot summer months. Whenever it's 80 degrees out, I feel like it's 90, and when it's 90 I feel like it's 100 etc. I also get very lightheaded and disoriented with sometimes neuropathy. I've tried everything under the sun (no punt intended) for hydration purposes. I've suffered from this for a very long time and I am so sick of not being about to be out as much in the Summer. Any suggestions or feedback?

Comments

• TomSch
    TomSch Member Posts: 2 *

My wife is a 24 year Brain Cancer Survivor and suffers from the same condition as you. Even if she gets a low temperature of 99 she begins to act and function differently. It’s like her body shuts down the higher her temperature goes. She also has a incontinence problem so she tries to limit her fluid intake with makes things worse.

• VictoriaRose2822

Thank you so much. Is there anything she does to help with the heat or does she stay inside during the hotter weather months? I truly appreciate your response!

• TomSch
    TomSch Member Posts: 2 *

She has mobility issues so I mainly keep her inside. If I put her outside on a warmer day it’s shade only. If it’s a cooler day she enjoys the warmth of the sun. I’ve mentioned this condition to her neurologist but he doesn’t have an explanation although he’s witnessed the condition. Good Luck to you!

• VictoriaRose2822

Thank you very much for sharing. Good luck to you as well and may the Lord watch over her and you and your family.